cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Email a person based on cell value when updated

Hi,

I’m trying to build a flow that will update an excel sheet based on a forms submission (this part I’ve done) but then I want it to send an email based on an updated row depending on the value of a cell in a row.

the email recipient is in the excel table row where the status update is

how can I get the emails to send when a cell in a row is updated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Joe__ yes you could have an Excel "List rows present in a table" action and set a filter query to be ID (or whatever your column im Excel is called) eq 'the ID from the form' so it would only bring back that row. Personally I find this stuff easier if the data is in a SharePoint list but that's just me!

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Joe__ 

Unfortunately, Power Automate does not support similar triggers to monitor whether Excel tables(cell) have changed. If you want similar features to be supported by MS Flow, please consider voting for similar idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Triggers-for-Excel-Sheets/idi-p/78301

Also, you could post your idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Thanks for the reply, it’s a shame it doesn’t exist already!

Could i trigger something like this based on a forms response so when a new response is submitted it can check a table in excel based upon an ID entered into the form? 

@Joe__ yes you could have an Excel "List rows present in a table" action and set a filter query to be ID (or whatever your column im Excel is called) eq 'the ID from the form' so it would only bring back that row. Personally I find this stuff easier if the data is in a SharePoint list but that's just me!

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

I'm new to this I hadn't considered SharePoint, I'll take a look

But thank you very much what you suggested has worked for me!

I struggled a little with Filter Query but eventually got it with ID eq 'IDfromForm'

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,908)