Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lewis_ward1
Helper I
Helper I

Email addresses from an excel cell which uses VLOOKUP for an approval

Good Afternoon,

I have a form which a user submits the detail is then added to an excel table and this then allows the end cell to preform a VLOOKUP and generate the email addresses the first approval needs to be sent to. 

I have it working when it is is a single email address but when I have 2 or more it doesn’t seem to work but also doesn’t fail.

In the same cell it is currently appearing as:

name1@mail.com; name2@mail.com; 

Can anyone shed any light on why this may not be working, I’m still fairly new to this but love learning about its capabilities.

Thanks 

Lewis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do you want to send approval to multiple users simultaneously or send separately?

For simultaneously: try to use string( Approvals got from Excel ) as the approval

For separately, please use split( Approvals got from Excel, ';' ) to get each email and then send approval one by one in an Apply to each action.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @lewis_ward1  could you share an screanshot?

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
lewis_ward1
Helper I
Helper I

Good Morning,

As requested please find screenshots attached. 

Flow Approval.pngFlow Approval 2.png

Do you want to send approval to multiple users simultaneously or send separately?

For simultaneously: try to use string( Approvals got from Excel ) as the approval

For separately, please use split( Approvals got from Excel, ';' ) to get each email and then send approval one by one in an Apply to each action.

View solution in original post

Morning Linxiao,

Perfect thank you, I also identified that I was using 'List Row' rather than 'Get Row' which was then sending various emails based off the data found in the table not on the row. 

Thank you for your help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,451)