Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lennova
Helper I
Helper I

Email an HTML table with all modified columns

Hi all,

So, i feel like i would have a pretty generic use case but can't figure it out.

Whenever a user edits an item in a sharepoint list I would like to have an automated email sent out containing some basic information of the item in the list as well as a table containing all changed columns with their respected previous and new value.

What do I have so far?

- Trigger: when an item or a file is modified

- Get changes for an item or a file with the ID from the trigger and the trigger window start & end token

- Send an HTTP request to Sharepoint to get the previous values for the particular item

I would now want the columns that have been changed from my selected view, so only with value True from the Has Column Changed dynamic content. After that I want to loop through that output (Object in this case) and create my table (just by using a string variable that i will leverage in my email body would be the easiest i guess) and fill my 3 column table containing the Column Name, Previous Value and New Value.

I have an object called itemChanges but this contains all columns, both True and False.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Regards,

Hans

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Lennova,

@tom_riha actually has great blogpost about this.

I would start by looking at his approach:

https://tomriha.com/get-previous-values-of-modified-sharepoint-columns-in-power-automate/

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Lennova,

@tom_riha actually has great blogpost about this.

I would start by looking at his approach:

https://tomriha.com/get-previous-values-of-modified-sharepoint-columns-in-power-automate/

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,130)