cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TesDA
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Email array Variable not working based on sql table

I'm doing something wrong. I have the below flow, however it doesn't seem to be composing and joining the emails properly - this is the error I'm getting. What do I need to change?

OpenApiOperationParameterTypeConversionFailed. The inputs.parameters of workflow operation Send_an_email_from_a_shared_mailbox_(V2) of type OpenApiConnection is not valid. Error details: Input parameter emailMessage To is required to be of type 'String/email'. The runtime value '"{\"Email\":\"A......com\"}; "' to be converted doesn't have the expected format 'string/email.

The email seems to be pulling like this:
{"Email":"A....com"};

Here are screen shots of the flow and the error message:

2021-11-02_16-46-20.jpg2021-11-02_16-47-30.jpg2021-11-02_16-47-50.jpg2021-11-02_16-48-19.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TesDA
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I figured this out! My append to array variable just needs to be the email and not the JSON style formatting.

IE

Just email

Not

{

Email: item...

}

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TesDA
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I figured this out! My append to array variable just needs to be the email and not the JSON style formatting.

IE

Just email

Not

{

Email: item...

}

DamoBird365
Microsoft
Microsoft

HI @TesDA 

It would be a lot more efficient to use a Select action.  Make sure you switch the select to Text mode and that will ensure the select returns an array of emails only.

DamoBird365_0-1635887135976.png

Please consider accepting my answer as a solution if it helps to solve your problem.

Cheers
Damien

Please take a look and subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more Power Platform ideas and concepts, or take a look at my website. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,772)