Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chucksta
Helper II
Helper II

Email attachments from SharePoint list

Good afternoon,

I have a flow that when a user adds a SharePoint list item it sends an email and if the list item sends to the another group they see those attached in the email..

Now, when the email is sent, if I have more than 2 attachments it sends two email or an email for each attachment.

Can anyone help with this? I want all  the attachments to be in one email instead of multiple.

My Variable for looking at the attachments is :

@{body('Get_attachment_content_2')?['$content']}

6.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @chucksta 

Where you are appending to the array variable, can you please select the Attachment content that is coming from the Get attachment content 2 action to populate the ContentBytes:

Annotation 2020-04-15 155337.png

This might be related to the formula that you indicated you are using to get content. Instead of this: @{body('Get_attachment_content_2')?['$content']}, please select the one from the dynamic content window as indicated on the above screenshot.

Best Regards,

If this post helps you give a :thumbs_up: and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
chsanche
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @chucksta 

Can you please share with me a screenshot from the Send email action? I can see that you are setting up correctly the attachments variable. The Send email action should look something like this:

Annotation 2020-04-15 144720.png

It also needs to be outside any Apply to each action.

Best Regards,

If this post helps you give a :thumbs_up: and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution

@chsanche  Thanks for replying, currently I am using the send an email (V2) with my attachment array  in the attachments as seen in your screen shot, but I do notice you have send an email with multiple attachments which i do not see for Office Outlook 365. 

7.png

Hi @chucksta 

The "Send an email with multiple attachments" its just the action name, sorry for the confusion, it is the same one that you are using. Can you please confirm that the Send email action is outside any apply to each? Here is a tutorial on how to set up this correctly but I think you have your Flow almost the same: https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/multiple-attachments-single-email/

Please confirm inside which action the Send email resides.

Best Regards,

@chsanche Its in a condition at the moment. it seems to have been working p until about a week or two ago. Below is the shots of the layout:

8.png

9.png

10.png

Its in a condition the way I have it setup, if it has attachments, its sends an email with the attachments, but my problem is the yest conditions to send attachments sends one email for each attachment, the no condition, just sends an email to a specific team.

If there is a way to do that piece with the false attachment condition, let me know and I will try that. Again I really appreciate your help with this! 👍

Hi @chucksta 

From your email, I can see that you have the Send Email action inside an Apply to Each, this is the reason that multiple emails are getting sent

Annotation 2020-04-15 152310.png

If you check on the No part of the condition, there is no Apply to Each there. You need to move the Send email action outside the Apply to each.

Best Regards,

@chsanche  Thank you sir that did it but it seems to only work for screenshots and not other types of files, when I ran it again I got the error below. Question though.... Are there limitations to the attachments.?When I add .xls, or .txt. or .sql files they dont work.

.xls attachment:

11.png

Hi @chucksta 

It shouldn't fail for other file formats. Can you please show the action that actually failed? As you can see in your screenshot, the "Get attachment content 2" is not the action that failed, most likely is the one below, the one that creates the variable.

Best Regards,

@chsanche  Sorry about that. I sent the wrong screenshot at first.

This is the error below:

12.png

Hi @chucksta 

Where you are appending to the array variable, can you please select the Attachment content that is coming from the Get attachment content 2 action to populate the ContentBytes:

Annotation 2020-04-15 155337.png

This might be related to the formula that you indicated you are using to get content. Instead of this: @{body('Get_attachment_content_2')?['$content']}, please select the one from the dynamic content window as indicated on the above screenshot.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

@chsanche  Thanks again. its working now. I was told in the past to use that formula but it could have been just bugs since the attachment content was not working when I selected it from the dynamic content but we are good now and thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,644)