cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hanil405

Email files from SharePoint when number of files reach x

Hello Everyone,

I am new to power automate so not sure if this is possible.

We have daily files uploaded by a system to a dynamic SharePoint folder (New folder with created daily with that days date)

What we would like to do :

If the number of files reach 6. We would like to email those files to mailing group as attachments. All this in one email.

Mangaed to get one file "Get File Content" but need to get the content of all folder and attach to email.

Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@hanil405 

Here is a link to a blog post that explains how to attach multiple documents to an email.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@hanil405 

Here is a link to a blog post that explains how to attach multiple documents to an email.

Scott
David-
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Question: Why are you attaching the files to an e-mail instead of sending an e-mail with the links to the files? That way you would not have duplicates of the files floating around. By having everyone working in your SharePoint folder, if someone made a change to one of the files, everyone would see the change.

Old fashioned customers love to fill their mail box 😞

Thank you Scott that mainly worked just need to figure out a trigger that sends the email if the number of files in the folder reach 6...

@hanil405 

Take a look at my Flow below - it should show you how to proceed.  My first compose action holds the folder name - I hard coded it but you'll need an expression that comes up with the folder name.

I list the files in the folder and then use an expression to count how many are there. 

image.png

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,827)