cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tfinn

Email from a Shared Mailbox and Start and Wait for an Approval

Hi,

I need the addition of a new row in a SharePoint list to generate a string of emails/approvals to several people.  Ideally, emails and approvals would come from known mailboxes.

First Issue - I could not get approvals to come from anything other than external email address of ‘Microsoft Flow’.  I realize this is a know issue but one of the things I tried was sending the initial email (instead of approval) from a shared mailbox, and directing the recipient to go out the to the SP list to make updates, hoping that I could generate subsequent approval emails from the last person to update the item in the SP list.  But I could not get it to work.  In fact, I could not put a ‘send from shared email’ and then an email ‘approval’ in the same workflow.  

Second Issue - I separated it into two workflows but am still having problems.  I am directing the first recipient to add some commentary to the SP List and then choose a value in a Status field that should initiate the multi-level approval process and kicking off the rest of the flow but can’t get that to work either.  The first workflow with the send from a shared email works fine, but the 2nd workflow either fail immediately or spins.

Does my idea do so everything in the same workflow sound feasible or should I abandon it and try to figure out what the problem is in my workflow #2?

Thank You.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,373)