cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tfinn

Email from a Shared Mailbox and Start and Wait for an Approval

Hi,

I need the addition of a new row in a SharePoint list to generate a string of emails/approvals to several people.  Ideally, emails and approvals would come from known mailboxes.

First Issue - I could not get approvals to come from anything other than external email address of ‘Microsoft Flow’.  I realize this is a know issue but one of the things I tried was sending the initial email (instead of approval) from a shared mailbox, and directing the recipient to go out the to the SP list to make updates, hoping that I could generate subsequent approval emails from the last person to update the item in the SP list.  But I could not get it to work.  In fact, I could not put a ‘send from shared email’ and then an email ‘approval’ in the same workflow.  

Second Issue - I separated it into two workflows but am still having problems.  I am directing the first recipient to add some commentary to the SP List and then choose a value in a Status field that should initiate the multi-level approval process and kicking off the rest of the flow but can’t get that to work either.  The first workflow with the send from a shared email works fine, but the 2nd workflow either fail immediately or spins.

Does my idea do so everything in the same workflow sound feasible or should I abandon it and try to figure out what the problem is in my workflow #2?

Thank You.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,005)