cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charliemacdmv
Helper I
Helper I

Email image preview from an uploaded photo from forms.

Hey everyone.

I have a form that is filled out when damage is found.  The form has 2 image upload questions.  After the form is submitted I'm going to have a formatted email sent to the required person. Is there anyway to have the uploaded images display as a preview in the email instead of just a link? The reason I'm asking is the email goes outside of our company. So they wont have access to our sharepoint. So i was thinking having the image preview in the email would fix that?

Appreciate any help. 

14 REPLIES 14
Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

That's a really good post. But im still unsure of how to add the image from a Form.  So when the form is submitted flow Automatically sends the email with the image embedded. Maybe I'm over thinking it. Could i just use the HTTP request from your video? Sorry I'm pretty good with Flow but for some reason images have me all messed up lol

Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

I presume you have a flow that is triggered when your form is submitted. That trigger will contain a base64 representation of your image, which you can use to embed into the email (which will work most of the time). If you really want maximum compatibility then you can use the HTTP method.

Charliemacdmv
Helper I
Helper I

So iv'e tried that but i keep getting an error.

Charliemacdmv_1-1614455302492.png

Charliemacdmv_0-1614455283948.png

Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

That’s because you don’t have a get file content action. You’re just getting the metadata. Try get file content and see how you get on.

Ok thank you!!

I tried that but its still a no go. 

Charliemacdmv_0-1614459390539.png

Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

Screenshot the action and also do a peek code and copy the code. 

Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

It’s because the action I used was “get file content using path”. You used get file content, so copying the expressions verbatim won’t work unless you rename your action to match or remove the action and use the same action in use, finally, you could change the expressions to match the naming of your action. Probably easiest to just use get file content using path.

@Paulie78 Thank you so much for the help. I got it working. The only thing I need to figure out now is, if they upload more than 1 photo it only sends the first photo taken. Below is what I have so far.

Charliemacdmv_0-1614617271028.png

Charliemacdmv_1-1614617285517.png

Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

Well done.

I haven't used forms much, but I assume it submits an array of images, which you could use to compile an array of images.

Yea that's what i was thinking as well. When I figure it out I will share.

Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

I will have a quick look, it should be easy. Slight difference is that you are getting the file content from files, where I would probably just get it straight from the form submission.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (54,460)