cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dirosamatteo

Email notification frequency for Sharepoin List

Hi all,

I created a flow to receive an email when a new item is created or modifided in Sharepoint list. The flow works well and the email contains all information needed. I have only a problem.

The only problem is related to the frequency with which the mail is sent. I'll explain. In SharePoint list I have organized a table to monitor the my organization training activities. For each row (that represents a training course) I have various values (trainer, number of participants and...) ​​that I have to change periodically.

I would like the notification to start only when I have finished changing all the values ​​of a specific row and not for each value changed.

Is it possible? How I can do?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@dirosamatteo  are you using "When an item or a file is modified" trigger, if not please change the flow to use this trigger, Get Changes action only works with "When an item or a file is modified" trigger.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mahoneypat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You could try setting the concurrency of your trigger to 1 (hit ellipsis and choose settings), and then have a delay action of a few minutes (however long it will take you to update all the fields) before you create the email step.  If you need to updated content for the email, you can add a step to get the item info after the delay and before the email.

Regards,

Pat

annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@dirosamatteo would the columns have no value before you change the values for each column? If yes, then you can check condition for each column has no null value then only send email.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
dirosamatteo

Hi!

Thank you for your replies. I tried to implement your suggestions but they don't work perfectly. Often I received two o more email related to the same editing process in SharePoin List with the same information.

I was thinking that a solution can be to condition the email sending only if a specific columns change its status. Is it possible? how?

Thank you and sorry maybe for the stupid questions.

@dirosamatteo  yes that is possible to do, please do following to check to determine whether specific column value has changed or not.

1. For trigger of the flow you need to use "When an item or a file is modified" trigger

2. Then add "Get changes for an item or a file (properties only)" action and configure as shown in below screenshot.

3. Then add condition action, where from Dynamic Content you will be able to select Has Changed: column name to check the value of whether the column value has been updated for that column or not.

annajhaveri_0-1617268474769.png

Please note that you will need to enable versioning on your SharePoint list for this approach to work, so please do that by going to List Settings -> Versioning

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Hi,

thank you for your suggestion. I tried to do it but it doensn't work.

During the test the second step fails. I receive this message

{
  "status"400,
  "message""sinceInput not specified\r\nclientRequestId: 559ec74f-f8e7-40a9-ba1a-849230c615cb\r\nserviceRequestId: 559ec74f-f8e7-40a9-ba1a-849230c615cb"
}

This is the section:

dirosamatteo_1-1617368960599.png

@dirosamatteo  are you using "When an item or a file is modified" trigger, if not please change the flow to use this trigger, Get Changes action only works with "When an item or a file is modified" trigger.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

View solution in original post

It works. Thank you!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (59,403)