cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email notification triggered for added Name, one time

Hello,

For a Sharepoint list in which our complaints are registered, I would like to have a new flow. One of the columns in the list is used to fill in the name of the person reponsible. This is added after the item is is created, so it's a modification of an item. I want an email to be sent automatically when a name is added. Right now, I use the flow below:

Planaria_1-1597222873783.png

However, everytime I modify anything it sends an email for every item with a person's name attached, instead of just the newly added one. How do I arrange that an email is only sent one time for an item when someones name is added?  

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

All the solutions that I can propose you are hacks, and I don't think it will help you.

Is there a way to do all in one Power Automate? For example, insert and update the value and then send the email as a sequence inside the Power Automate. Or even, when entering add the name right away?

Why are you having the name updated after the creation? It may make sense I just want to understand so that I can help you.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

All the solutions that I can propose you are hacks, and I don't think it will help you.

Is there a way to do all in one Power Automate? For example, insert and update the value and then send the email as a sequence inside the Power Automate. Or even, when entering add the name right away?

Why are you having the name updated after the creation? It may make sense I just want to understand so that I can help you.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Manuel,

Thank you very much for your response. The reason why I wanted to to it this way is because the sharepoint items are created when a form is filled in. In this form I can choose to fill in a person's name, but the corresponding column field in Sharepoint will be a plain text and will not be in the "person" format, if you understand what I mean. That way just looks nicer to me. 

Anyway, I will just use the form to fill it in then. 

Thanks,

Jolanda 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,085)