cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User25
Regular Visitor

Email notification using Microsoft Forms and Microsoft Teams Planner

Hey Everyone,

I originally set up a Microsoft Teams Planner to keep track of outstanding requests from other teams. These tasks are created via responses from a Microsoft Forms. 

After automating this, I cannot figure out what is the best way to send an automated email notification after the task is completed back to the person who originally request it. Within the Microsoft Forms, there is a spot for them to add their email address. I also noticed that there is a separate field known as responder's email which can be used. However, how can I get either the Responder's email field or the Microsoft Forms email field to populate in the Send Email notification part of the flow.

Current Process is

When a task is completed -> Send an email notification (V3) 

5 REPLIES 5
ekarim2020
Community Champion
Community Champion

Here is one way to get the Responder's Email address automatically without them needing to fill in their email address on the MS Form. Then you can use the Responder's Email address in your flow.

Set the Forms setting to allow "only people in my organisation can respond":

ekarim2020_0-1629126388837.png

You can get the Responder's Email using dynamic content:

ekarim2020_4-1629127000125.png

Ellis

Hi Ellis,

Reponder's Email is not an option in my flow even after trying to add get response details.

When a task is completed

Group ID and Plan ID are entered

Get Response Details

Added Form ID for the Microsoft Forms that corresponds to the Group ID

Response ID only populates the following options

User25_0-1629127926446.png

ekarim2020
Community Champion
Community Champion

If your form includes an email address field that they need to manually enter, then this field and all the other form fields should be available as dynamic content:

ekarim2020_1-1629129498155.png

ekarim2020_2-1629129610158.png

Ellis

I tried to add in the flows shown in your screenshot but then I am unable to add in the flow of when a task is complete.

User25_0-1629130413634.png

my current flow is as follows

When Task is completed (Group ID and Plan ID) -> Get Response details (Form ID and Response ID) {Response ID is Percent Complete} -> Send an email notification v3 {To is listed as Responder's email}

I end up with the following error message

{"errors":[{"message":"The to array is required for all personalization objects, and must have at least one email object with a valid email address.","field":"personalizations.0.to","help":"http://sendgrid.com/docs/API_Reference/Web_API_v3/Mail/errors.html#message.personalizations.to"}]}

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,049)