cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kylev75

Email reminder 30 days before revision date

I'm trying to build a flow that will check a document library every day to check when a revision due date is 30 days away. I have a column titled Rev Due, which is calculated by adding 3 years (1095 days) based on the approval date, which is generated from another approval flow, which works. I either get a failed flow due to bad request (The expression "Rev_x0020_Due eq '2020-04-02" is not valid.), or the flow succeeds but sends an email for every document in the list. I'm testing using my email right now, but I ran a test yesterday which I used a dynamic content tag to send an email to the document owner(another field in my library) and it sent multiple emails to every document owner about every document.

Here's one flow I tried that fails for bad request where I tried OData variable for get files properties

flow1a.pngflow1b.png

Heres the other way I tried which uses a condition with format date function after the get files properties.  This flow sends an email for every document in the library.

flow2a.pngflow2b.png

Here's a pic of my library with columns

library.png

I've searched and tried all sorts of combinations based on posts here, but nothing seems to work, any help is appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kylev75

Nevermind.  I solved it myself.  I noticed I didn't have the closing quote in the first flow after the variable.  When I added it, it failed saying I can't use Rev Due column type calculated.  So I change it to check for the approval date column and add 1065 days.  This worked, so I'm all set.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kylev75

Nevermind.  I solved it myself.  I noticed I didn't have the closing quote in the first flow after the variable.  When I added it, it failed saying I can't use Rev Due column type calculated.  So I change it to check for the approval date column and add 1065 days.  This worked, so I'm all set.

View solution in original post

Hi, Can you help me with same sort of flow?

Hello,

im trying to set this up. Please could you assist with the coding you changed at this point

'

I can't use Rev Due column type calculated.  So I change it to check for the approval date column and add 1065 days.  This worked, so I'm all set'

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (40,416)