cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
souleima_torj

Email reminder

Hello everyone,

I'm having a small problem. As part of a project, I have to do an email chain (that works perfectly) and I am supposed to send emails as a reminder. The way it would function is that those email would be sent either on march, july or november 15th of 2021, 2022 or 2023. 

Now I know a flow can only run for 30 days but I know for a fact there's no way it would be done in 30 days. I'm kinda stuck and I don't know what to do. If you want more information, please let me know!

Thank you!

PS I tried inserting an image and i can't

2 REPLIES 2
alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Looking through what you are trying to do here, I can say for certain that the flows CANNOT run longer then 30 days at this point. The only way I can think of to get this working would be to set up child flows that are triggered from the main flow that are designed around waiting that amount of time. Or you could also just have a reoccurring flow that runs every month that checks a variable you set in the projects and sends an email and flips that variable for that project. So much of this is dependent on how this works and its hard to recommend a workaround for a limitation like this without understanding how this project works.

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

First of all, thank you for your reply!

Basically my email chain works this way:

1. The requester submits a form response

2. An email is sent to the supervisor

3. If the supervisor accepts [thats condition 1], the request is forwarded to the department

4. If the department accepts [thats condition 2], the request is approved and an email is sent to the requester to let them know the request was approved. 

Please note that I am only giving you the scenarios where the condition is "true" because I only have to send reminders once the request is approved.

and finally, 

5. An email reminder is sent either in march (if winter term selected), november (if fall term selected) or in july (if spring/summer term is selected). 

Now I'm not sure how to do the child flows the way you mentioned, would you mind explaining it again?

I hope the project is clearer, please let me know if you need more information!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,985)