Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mpesant
Level: Powered On

Email to Case

Hi Everyone,

I want to create a flow for my monitoring device.

I have a remote servers that sends me an email once a device alert occurred as Down/up and so on... 

If I base my flow as the following : 

Trigger : Email as it arrives

Action : Create a contact

Action : Create a case on the contact

It works great but I will end up with 10000000 contact.... I need something that just open a case on a specific account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Email to Case

Hey @mpesant 

In that case, you can actually add a get records action and use filter query to get the contact that has already been created and then use it to reference to the case record.

Sample: 

ffew.PNG

Note that ensure the name is a unique one so that you get only one record from the filter query. And then use it to associate the case and if there are multiple records with same name you might want to add a column that has unique values to filter upon. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Email to Case

Hey @mpesant 

In that case, you can actually add a get records action and use filter query to get the contact that has already been created and then use it to reference to the case record.

Sample: 

ffew.PNG

Note that ensure the name is a unique one so that you get only one record from the filter query. And then use it to associate the case and if there are multiple records with same name you might want to add a column that has unique values to filter upon. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,419)