cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrahamRollerson
Level: Powered On

Email to "Modified by" if fields are blank

Hi everyone

I have a sharepoint list that has cartain fields that MUST have data in them. I dont want to set them to "must be completed" in LIST SETTINGS as this causes all sorts of issues in the FLOW process.

Currently when the ITEM is saved FLOW will them trigger an approval process. I want to insert a condition/set of conditions that will check these fields and email the modifier telkling them their record has been automatically rejected because FIELD1, FIELD2, FIELD3 etc are blank.

as a bonus i'd like the email to the modifier to ONLY state those fields that are blank (ie some might have data and thus shoudl be ignored by the process)

any thoughts on how this could be done?

cheers

Graham

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Email to "Modified by" if fields are blank

Hi @GrahamRollerson,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow’s configuration?

Could you please show a bit more about your SharePoint list?

Further, do you want to not send an approval email to approver if the fields are blank and send an email to the modifier for telling them their record has been rejected automatically?

I assume that there are three fields are required to have data in them within your SharePoint list. In addition, I assume that the email would be sent to modifier for telling them record has been rejected automatically if any one field of these fields is blank.

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a “When an item is created” trigger.
  • Add a Condition, click “Edi tin advanced mode”, type the following formula:
@or(or(empty(triggerBody()?['FIELD1']),empty(triggerBody()?['FIELD2'])),empty(triggerBody()?['FIELD3']))
  • Within “If/yes” branch of Condition, add an “Send an email” action.
  • Within “If/no” branch of Condition, add a “Start an approval” action. Under “Start an approval” action, add a Condition 2, left input box set to Response dynamic content, right input box set to Approved, within middle drop down, choose is equal to.

Within “If/yes” branch of Condition 2, add a “Send an email 2” action (Approved email), Within “If/no” branch of Condition 2, add a “Send an email 3” action (Rejected email).

Image reference:2.JPG

3.jpgThe flow works successfully as below:4.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Email to "Modified by" if fields are blank

Hi @GrahamRollerson,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow’s configuration?

Could you please show a bit more about your SharePoint list?

Further, do you want to not send an approval email to approver if the fields are blank and send an email to the modifier for telling them their record has been rejected automatically?

I assume that there are three fields are required to have data in them within your SharePoint list. In addition, I assume that the email would be sent to modifier for telling them record has been rejected automatically if any one field of these fields is blank.

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a “When an item is created” trigger.
  • Add a Condition, click “Edi tin advanced mode”, type the following formula:
@or(or(empty(triggerBody()?['FIELD1']),empty(triggerBody()?['FIELD2'])),empty(triggerBody()?['FIELD3']))
  • Within “If/yes” branch of Condition, add an “Send an email” action.
  • Within “If/no” branch of Condition, add a “Start an approval” action. Under “Start an approval” action, add a Condition 2, left input box set to Response dynamic content, right input box set to Approved, within middle drop down, choose is equal to.

Within “If/yes” branch of Condition 2, add a “Send an email 2” action (Approved email), Within “If/no” branch of Condition 2, add a “Send an email 3” action (Rejected email).

Image reference:2.JPG

3.jpgThe flow works successfully as below:4.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,785)