cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JTischler
Helper II
Helper II

Email to send only if a field contains a user

First let me state that I have users modifying and creating list items using PowerApps.  That may be the reason for my issue....

I have a flow that sends an email when a list item is created or modified.  I have this flow looking to a field that is populated by user/group selector.  I only want the email to send if the field is populated with a username, else no email.

The flow works perfect when field is populated with a username, the problem is that it still sends the email even if I update the form and leave the field blank.  What's even more confusing, is that when I submit the change and remove the user through power apps, the user is now repopulated in the field.  This was not happening prior to the flow.  I am assuming that somehow the flow forces the last good value back in to the field?

My next thought was to trick the flow (HA!)..  I created a formula that basically says if field has a value, use email.  Else blank/bogus address:

coalesce(triggerBody()?['Notifyofupdate_x0028_COorLA_x002']?['Email'],'null@null.com')

This didn't work either.  How can I get this flow to only send an email if the field has a user identified?

25.08.2021_13.53.34_REC.png
0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,054)