cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email user of shift start from Staffhub

So I can't really grasp how to configure this Flow, if it's even possiable. 

I'm trying to utalize Staffhub to create two shifts each day.  Shift A and Shift B. 

A is 9-1

B is 1-5

Each day I want the flow to email the person when their shift is starting so the flow needs to email A and then B at the correct times. 

Any one got an idea of how to structure this? 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Email user of shift start from Staffhub

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share more details about the Shift you created on Staffhub?

You could use the Recurrence trigger to set the email to the corresponding member at 9 am and 1 pm each day.

Please take a try and feel free let me know if you have any issue.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Email user of shift start from Staffhub

I think if you want to use flow on time to implement your ideas on time, there may be no way, after all, the execution of each action will be delayed.However, there are still some ways to send email alerts close to nine o'clock.

Here is my method, you can try it.

• First I created a Team on staffhub, the time zone is set to (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US&Canada), then Shift A (9-1), Shift B (1-5)
  • Use Recurrence trigger to make the flow run once every day at 9 am and 1 pm, and time zone conversion for utcNow() after the stream is triggered.
  • List all team shifts, you could also select the time period and determine if the start time is equal to utcNow().
  • If the result is True, you could get the email of the relevant member through Get Shift and Get a team member by ID.

4.PNG

Since there is a delay in the execution of the action, the formatDateTime function is used to ignore the number of seconds.

Condition formula reference:

formatDateTime(body('Convert_time_zone_start_Time'), 'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm')
      is equal to
   formatDateTime(body('Convert_time_zone_utcNow'), 'yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm')

5.PNG

6.PNG

The flow works successfully as below:

7.PNG

8.PNG

Note:

1. The time zone is best kept consistent with the staffhub. The time zone is the biggest problem I encountered when implementing this flow. You could output Team shifts first to see if the display is the same as what you set.
  2. You need to convert the time zone to Shift start time. As marked above, the shift on the staffhub is set at 9:00  in the morning, but it is displayed as 13:00 here. So use the Convert time zone to display the time set on the staffhub.
  3. There is a delay in the execution of the Action, so it is best to select the time period when configuring the list all team shifts action to shorten the execution time. This will not affect the subsequent judgment, even if the number of seconds has been ignored.

Take a try!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,390)