cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pvanolinda1
Level: Powered On

Email with Attachment to SharePoint List Item

I'm trying to create a flow that takes an incoming email (to an Office 365 mailbox) and it's attachments and creates a single SharePoint List item. I've been able to create a flow that copies the subject and body into a new list item, but can't figure out the attachments part. Is this even possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Email with Attachment to SharePoint List Item

Hi @ pvanolinda1,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

I have made a test on my side, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Note:

1.You could choose the "ID" dymanic content of the "Create item" action in the "Id" field of "Add attachment" action.

2.You could choose the "Name" dymanic content of the the trigger "When a new email arrives" in the "File Name" field of "Add attachment" action.You could choose the "Content" dymanic content of the the trigger "When a new email arrives" in the "File Content" field of "Add attachment" action. if you couldn't see the "Name" and "Content" dymanic content of the the trigger, you could click "See more" of the trigger in the dynamic content window as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

The attachment would be created in the list item as below:

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Super User
Super User

Have you tried the SharePoint - Add Attachment action? You will need to Get File Content  first and then you can simply add the content to a list item.

pvanolinda1

Thanks for the reply! So far I have 'When a new email arrives' (Outlook) > 'Create item' (SharePoint). I can see the 'Add attachment' (SharePoint) option but can't see 'Get File Content' for Outlook. Am I missing something? Also, in the 'Add attachment' options, it asks for 'Id' > I want to use the same list item created in the 'Create item' action. Is there any way to specifiy this?

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ pvanolinda1,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

I have made a test on my side, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Note:

1.You could choose the "ID" dymanic content of the "Create item" action in the "Id" field of "Add attachment" action.

2.You could choose the "Name" dymanic content of the the trigger "When a new email arrives" in the "File Name" field of "Add attachment" action.You could choose the "Content" dymanic content of the the trigger "When a new email arrives" in the "File Content" field of "Add attachment" action. if you couldn't see the "Name" and "Content" dymanic content of the the trigger, you could click "See more" of the trigger in the dynamic content window as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

The attachment would be created in the list item as below:

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

pvanolinda1

Oh, Wow! That works perfectly. Thanks so much for the screenshots!

rick1258
Level: Power Up

Hello what if we have Mulitple attachment coming, I see it works at first run but it stops in next run, Also the List Name getting changed to List ID, so to run again i have to update the flow with the LIst Title and then it i have to maually click Next failed 1 out of 3 and then it runs previous flow. 

Kmo78

This solution works for me except the attachement in the SharePoint list has the file extension cut off. Any reason why this could be happening?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Day, Did you get an answer to this as yet?

Regards,

alessandras

Hi Alice!

In the "Create Item" section I cannot see the "subject" and "body" fields. Do you know why? How can I figure it out?

Many thanks in advance, 

Alessandra

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to do the same thing and i get all the way to the end "Add attachment" but in the "File Content" field, even after pressing "see more" I do not get an option for "Content" only "Attachments Content" and "Attachment Contents - Type". Neither of these work to add the email to the to the SharePoint list item.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Mel

_AH_

@v-yuazh-msft , Thank you so much for this detailed explanation! 

I've not been able to figure this out until now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,960)