cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Email with Options Reminder

Good morning,

I have a flow which sends and email with options to a Group, and then, with the selected option updates a list in SP. The email with option has a time out of 28 days and what I want to add now is a reminder, 4 days before the flow expires, to all these people who didn't select any option.
I had tried this: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Reminder-for-quot-email-with-options-quot... , but sent the reminder to all the group, even if they have already chosen an option.

This is a screenshot of my flow:

Captura de pantalla 2021-01-17 a las 10.31.52 a. m..png

Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot.  

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @Saul85 ,

I believe there's no direct way how to recognize inside the flow who already selected an option and who didn't. But if you're storing that information in a separate list, you could add a separate flow to send the reminders.

There would be 2 prerequisites (you could store the data in another SP list, let's call it Configuration list):

• List of users who should respond
  • Date when the email with options was sent

Then it would be a scheduled flow that would run every day:

• check if today is 24 days from the day when the email with options was sent. If no, do nothing. If yes, continue:
  • compare the 2 lists - for each user in the Configuration list check if they already selected an option (they'll have an entry in the current SP list). If yes, do nothing. If no, store them in an array/string variable of 'users to remind':
  • send an email to the 'users to remind'

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ ... and if you like my response, you might like also the tips and solutions on my Power Automate related blog ]

Hi @tom_riha 

Thanks a lot for your help.

I will have to adapt what you suggested to fulfil my requirements.

I was wondering that I could filter who selected the option and who didn't inside the flow.

Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (47,154)