cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GavanMeyer
Level: Power Up

Emailing the file uploader after the document has been approved or rejected?

Hi,

I am having a problem getting Flow to send an email back the document uploaded once the file is either approved or rejected.

At the moment I have a flow that when a user uploads a document to sharepoint, an email is sent to the approver. The approver can either approve the file and the file is moved to an approved folder or the approver rejects the file and the file is moved to a rejected folder.

I would like an email to then go to the document uploader telling them that either the file has been approved or rejected.

I have found what looks like what I am after on a different flow but I can not figure out how to either copy it into my flow or get the dynamic content search box to list it.

Does anyone know how to copy from one flow to another or perhaps even how to make my flow send an email back to the document requester?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mmangiante
Level 8

Re: Emailing the file uploader after the document has been approved or rejected?

Hello @GavanMeyer

I attach these screenshots

flow sharepoint upload file and mail result 1.pngflow sharepoint upload file and mail result 2.png

I added the action Get-User between the Sharepoint file creation action and approval mail; after this I created the 2 send mail actions to send the result to the uploader; in the send approval mail, I hard coded the "to" field: I don't know if the approver is one, is different form file to file, or other.

Let me know if you need other explanation.

Hope this help.

--

Regards,

Marco Mangiante

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
mmangiante
Level 8

Re: Emailing the file uploader after the document has been approved or rejected?

Hello @GavanMeyer

maybe my reply is so beacuse I don't understand well, but after the condition that apply the "send approval mail" you can add an action "send email" to the yes path where you add in the fields the name of the file, the document uploader email; same thing on the "no" path.

Let me know if I understood your problem.

--

Regards,

Marco Mangiante

mmangiante
Level 8

Hello @GavanMeyer

I attach these screenshots

flow sharepoint upload file and mail result 1.pngflow sharepoint upload file and mail result 2.png

I added the action Get-User between the Sharepoint file creation action and approval mail; after this I created the 2 send mail actions to send the result to the uploader; in the send approval mail, I hard coded the "to" field: I don't know if the approver is one, is different form file to file, or other.

Let me know if you need other explanation.

Hope this help.

--

Regards,

Marco Mangiante

View solution in original post

GavanMeyer
Level: Power Up

Thanks @mmangiante

That is what I was looking for.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,217)