cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cenfield

Emails coming through with wrong sender name

I have a Flow where, after you fill a Form out, it populates a spreadsheet and then sends an email notification.

The form says that it will be shown as coming from the person filling it out. The form is working correctly in that each person is seeing their name. 

IMG_20220105_105617.jpg

But when the Flow finishes and we look at the emails, they are all coming from me, regardless of who submitted. (Red are not mine)

Screenshot 2022-01-05 110135.jpg

I went into my Send an Email step and Advanced Options to change the Sender field to 

Screenshot 2022-01-05 114414.jpg

but that makes the Flow error out with this message:

Screenshot 2022-01-05 114500.jpg

What am I missing?

2 REPLIES 2
alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

The issue is that since the flow is running using your API link it is trying to use your permissions to send the email. Since you are trying to send an email as someone else, you need to correct permissions to do so.

I'm not an exchange engineer so I don't know the exact steps, but you need to go into Exchange mailbox settings and configure yourself to give yourself "Send as" permissions to each of the accounts who would run the flow.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/recipients/mailbox-permissions?view=exchserver-2019

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Jronash
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

This is the expected behavior.  You are not allowed to send an email from another user's account unless you have been given permission in Exchange.  This is a security issue.  You wouldn't want other people to be able to send emails using your account without your permission, would you? 😁

I'd suggest finding a single email address that all of these messages can be sent from.  If you don't want to use your own email address, you can talk to your IT department about setting up a mailbox for this process and giving you permission to send from it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (2,483)