cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimTheFrog
Level: Power Up

Emails from Outlook via Flow - question on conditions

Need to be able to add a condition to a flow based on category of an appt, or other item. E.g., when a new appointment is created, make a copy in another calendar or send an email or something only if the new appointment is in a certain category. As a corollary, a "category change" event would be useful to do the same thing when an existing Outlook item is set to a specific category. 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Emails from Outlook via Flow - question on conditions

Hi @JimTheFrog,

I am not sure I fully understand your scenario.

If the " when a new appointment is created " means "When a new event is created", then I think this could be done in the following way:

For special appointments, only create them with special Calendar, then when configure flow, choose the corresponding Calendar as the “category”.

If for multiple cases, you may consider add a switch action:

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JimTheFrog
Level: Power Up

Re: Emails from Outlook via Flow - question on conditions

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the feedback, but the point of checking the category when a new calendar item is created is to work in a standard calendar, not create a special calendar just for special events.

I looked at switch and condition, and the only choices for value (from Add dynamic content popup) seem to be start time, end time, subject, calendar event model class, and list of calendar items, none of which seem to expose the category of the event. If the event category can be checked in condition or switch action, that will probably do what's needed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 220 members 5,015 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: