Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Emails from flow to many!

HI

I´m new to FLow and really like this, is totally amazing stuff 🙂

i need help with a Flow , exempel. users upload a file to folder HR,Flow send sends out a mail to HR department

and to the uploader,  then HR department make the changes to the file, the flow then send out a mail to IT department to take Action for the file, but here is the problem with the flow it seems that the flow sends out mail a soon you do some HRchanges to the content of the file, but this it not ok, we need to have mail then all modified Content of the files is done and the HR is sure everyting is done so i did Column thats is "Approved" Yes/No. and that is this what emails sohuld be send on. not the modiication of the contet of the Document  .so i need to have email send on then the Approved is Yes, 

otherwise  user be filled with mail as soon some make changes , All files is just moddified ones in HR Libray ,

is some way to delay the  send to mail in flow ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Emails from flow to many!

Hi @tommyrihu,

You could add an action "Delay" or "Delay Until" to delay the "send an mail" action in flow.

Or you could consider modifing the "send an mail" action to "send an mail with options" action.If you use the "send an mail with options" action in your flow the following action after the  "send an mail with options" action wouldn't run until the email have made an option on the received email.

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @tommyrihu!

Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-yuazh-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel

Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tommyrihu,

You could add an action "Delay" or "Delay Until" to delay the "send an mail" action in flow.

Or you could consider modifing the "send an mail" action to "send an mail with options" action.If you use the "send an mail with options" action in your flow the following action after the  "send an mail with options" action wouldn't run until the email have made an option on the received email.

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Best regards,

Alice

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

ahh nice

i Will try this Alice 

Thanks!!

regards 

Tommy Rihu

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @tommyrihu!

Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-yuazh-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel

Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,222)