cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kassie12345
Frequent Visitor

Emails with Multiple Attachments with Approvals and recurrence

Hi,

I currently have a flow process where when an item is created on sharepoint with multiple attachments, it collates the attachments and sends out an email to the manager with all the attachments. Then it sends out another email to the manager for approval.daw 1.PNG

daw 2.PNG

The problem is, I want to create a reminder for managers who have not submitted their approval response.

I thought it would be as easy as using recurrence as the trigger.daw 3.PNG

However, when I do so, it only sends out one sharepoint item at a time. It waits until the previous item receives an approval response before sending out the next item. Which isn't good as I've got about 1000 items on the sharepoint list and they're all indepdent items.

Please help!

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Take a look at the following article that explains how to add reminders into the Flow that creates the original Approval as a parallel loop. 

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Flow/Automating-Reminders-for-Approval-Flows/m-p/84...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thank you for that.

Unfortunately, that wouldn't work as it does not re-send out individual approval emails again. It only sends out email reminders.

I want to be able to send out the individual approvals with options again to the necessary approvers again as part of the reminder.

v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kassie12345 ,

It is a default behavior that the approval request won’t move onto the next item until the previous request is Approved/Rejected.

You may need to go to “Apply to each” settings and turn on Concurrency Control, setting the Degree of Parallelism to 50.

The following blog on Serverless Parallelism in Microsoft Flow and SharePoint could be a reference for you:

http://johnliu.net/blog/2018/2/serverless-parallelism-in-microsoft-flow-and-sharepoint

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,342)