cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
x_FINN_x
Regular Visitor

Embed Vimeo video in OneNote

Hi everybody!

I am trying to build a flow that automatically embed a Vimeo video on a OneNote page everytime a new video is uploaded on Vimeo.

When you copy & paste a Vimeo link and press intro, automatically the video is embedded in Onenote showing a preview image of the video and its title.

I've been able to update an entire specific page in Onenote replacing the existing content with the Vimeo video link...and it does work! but I can't figure out how to "convert" the video link to an embedded video.

Since Vimeo privacy settings are "hide from Vimeo" I need the videos to be played directly on the OneNote page.

Any help?

2 REPLIES 2
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @x_FINN_x,

OneNote 2016 currently supports embedding video content from the Vimeo sites, but it not supported store the video locally and open it without a privacy limit. It is by design and there is no workaround for it as far as I know.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply v-litu-msft

The link I copy&paste is the Vimeo link. The privacy settings are set to "hide from Vimeo" in order the videos aren't shown in  any search, but they can be played directly on any OneNote page. On Vimeo settings, you can also activate the option "embed on any page" . There is no need to store the video locally. 

I mean, that is how it is working now. I can "manually" copy&paste the Vimeo link on a Onenote page, press "intro" and the video is automatically embedded on the page (the same with a Youtube video...)

I've been able to build a flow that paste the Vimeo link of any video uploaded to Vimeo on a Onenote page. The link works for me as administrator but, since the "hide from Vimeo" setting is enabled, other users won't be able to play the video.

What I need is a way I can "embed" the video on Onenote, not just "paste" the link.

Thank you again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (3,377)