cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Employee ID

hello 

how can i generate employee ID automatically when the employee log in and create new item for example vacation request???.

I need to save the ID of employee because i dont want the employee to write his ID every time.

123456.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Employee ID

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm glad you found a solution. It'd be great if you post your solution, how you got it done with steps and screenshots so other folks in the community can use it in the event they have the same requirements.

Regards,

Fausto Capella, Jr

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

This wouldn't be the right forum for your requirements since this is involves the UI and not Flow. If you want to generate the Employee ID on the form, you can either try building the form in PowerApps and try to generate it there, or create a custom list form using HTML and JavaScript and have it generate it there.

Another thing to look into is the requirements for the Employee ID information. What's this information based on?

Regards,

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Did my response help? Please give it a thumbs up!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello thanks for ur reply

I have done all the flows and it works properly but i need to save the ID of the employee in the Employee ID column when he log in and create new item so there is a formula that i can write in the column formulas to get the ID of the employee automatically without writing it every time???

Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

Do the employees have an ID assigned to them? If so, where is this information stored?

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello

the employee ID is assigned under Initials in contact information about all employees so when the manager approve the request , so the employee ID (initials) didnt appear . should i write a formula in the column of employee id to get initials from contact information???

Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

If the Employee ID is available in the Contacts information for all the employees, try to retrieve that info from the Contacts and have Flow populate the Employee ID field with it.

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello 

Thanks for your reply

im trying to do that but i failed so if u can show me how to do it maybe in some steps if u dont mind .

Regards

Thank you

Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

You have to post as much information as possible from your environment since I don't know what you are working with. Your contacts list, forms, flow steps, etc.

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @faustocapellanj

555.pngI want to display the Initials of the employee . i was able to display User ID and display Name but i still want to find how can i display Initials.

Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

I still don't know where you are getting that information from. I asked you in my last reply to post as much info as possible so I can try to recreate your scenarion on my end, but I'm running blind here since I don't have any details from you. I'd like to help you, but I need more information.

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

457890707896.png

This is my flow I need to get in the column of the employee ID the Initials from the previous picture. thank you again for ur help.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @faustocapellanj

thank you very much for ur time and effort i would to inform you that i found the solution . I created a flow that search for users and its succesfully done.

Regards.

Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm glad you found a solution. It'd be great if you post your solution, how you got it done with steps and screenshots so other folks in the community can use it in the event they have the same requirements.

Regards,

Fausto Capella, Jr

Fausto Capellan, Jr

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

hghfh.pngU create a flow for search users and under this flow u update item of the users .

i hope this will help u guys.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello any help about the format of the body text??? how skip lines between sentences ??? i didnt work with spaces or enterdfrt344543.png!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 332 members 5,624 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: