Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schoden
Helper II
Helper II

Employee reports to manager and manager assigns person based on ticket issue

Hi Community: 

I have list in sharepoint that populates when a user files an issue and reports to manager.

Issue Description Issue StatusReport to Assigned Person 
1Phone not working Low Manager  
2Laptop broken LowManger  

The manager updates that SAME list and gets choice or dropdown of assigns to persons email ( from AD emails) and choses the person.

Issue Description Issue Status Report to Assigned Person 
1Phone not working LowManager Person A
2Laptop broken LowManager Person B 

How Can I achieve this in Power Flow??? as I am new to it 😞 I am lost 

2 REPLIES 2
v-albai-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @schoden ,

What do you wan to to achieve using flow? Sending emails to the Assigned Person?

Based on your description, I think the manager will select a specified Assigned Person in your SharePoint list, that means they will update on the SharePoint side.

Please provide more information about your requirement so that I can help you better.

Best regards,

Allen

Hi @v-albai-msft  Thank you for getting back. There are 3 users each, each user can update the original list as in fill in the column dedicated to specific users.

The trigger for the flow is when an item is created in sharepoint.- Here the FIRST user files the data :Phone broken and reports to  Person X. At the same time FIRST user CANT fill in other columns ( Assign To, Due Date, Action Date ETC) as these are for reported to person and assigned person.

First user .jpgflow.JPG

The person X gets an email with link to the Item and Fills in the Column for : 
Assign To and Due Date.

Manager .jpgInkedManager_LI.jpg

Like wise The assigned person Gets the email and and HE can fill in the action date and change the status from active to close and provide feedback.

IDEALLY, I am trying to achieve, 

1. First user files the issue and reports to a person A 

2. Person A validates the issue and accordingly  assign the right Person to attend This ISSUE and DUE date.

3. The Assigned Person gets the issue and closes it and fills the action date and comments.

At the last the first user gets email of the resolved ticket.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,052)