Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edvh
Helper III
Helper III

Empty and move a sharepoint list after 24 hours

Hello,

I am working on a project of weekly seizure of information.
Ex: a person enters his data every day in a powerapps application based on a sharepoint list.
In the application there is an EDIT page, listing the person's entries. It can modify its selected entries.

Is it possible to create a flow, which from 24 hours after the seizure, the person can no longer modify his entry (key seizure) and no longer see his entries in the list?

thank you so much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Edvh 

To create such an application, I would recommend you to write the formula in the Items property of the gallery control.

Filter(DataSource, Created > DateAdd(Now(),-24,Hours))

This will only display those records which were created in the past 24 hours only. Here, you need to pass the Data Source name instead of highlighted part along with the column that stores timestamp for record creation.
This way the records that are created before 24 hours will not even get displayed for the user.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @Edvh 

If this suits your requirement, can you restrict the user itself in your powerapps to not see the records prior to 24 hours? You can use filter query to do this.

Something similar to:
Filter(DataSource, Modified > DateAdd(Now(),-24,Hours))

Please share more details about what you are trying to achieve so that we may help you better.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Thanks @yashag2255 

I have a user who has the rights to read, write and edit in Sharepoint.
In PowerApps the user informs his information then he can see and edit them (see photo)

I would like that the user has 24h to modify his infos. After 24 hours the user can not change his info.

Or empty the list, it will have more visual. (switch his info from the list to an archive_list).

I did not know that from powerApps we can block the modification.

Could you tell me where I insert the filter (in Gallery1 - items - fx 'dataSource' ;; Filter (DataSource, Modified> DateAdd (Now (), - 24, Hours)) or in the advanced panel of gallery1? )

Edit : I just learned it seems to me that the filter is inserted in items.

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Edvh 

To create such an application, I would recommend you to write the formula in the Items property of the gallery control.

Filter(DataSource, Created > DateAdd(Now(),-24,Hours))

This will only display those records which were created in the past 24 hours only. Here, you need to pass the Data Source name instead of highlighted part along with the column that stores timestamp for record creation.
This way the records that are created before 24 hours will not even get displayed for the user.

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

@yashag2255Thanks very much for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,230)