cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michelle_IL

Endless Loop - Email gets forwarded hundreds of times instead of once

Hi everyone,

I'm new to power automate, this is my first flow 🙂 

I'm trying to create a flow that's triggered when a new email arrives to a certain folder in my inbox.

If the body of the Email contains a string (an email address), that exists on an excel table saved on onedrive - I want that email to be forwarded to a specific recipient.

I'd love to understand what it is that I'm doing wrong. I seem to have managed to get the flow to work almost exactly the way I wanted it to, except for one issue: instead of forwarding an email to the recipient one, it gets forwarded hundreds of times... 

What am I doing wrong?? this is so frustrating, feels like i'm so close and yet can't seem to figure this out 😭FLow1.PNGFLow2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Michelle_IL 

I think you need no. 1

1. Initialize a variable at the beginning of your flow , Type: Bool Name: Subject Found Default: False

2. Remove the sending email step from inside the Loop 

3. Inside the Loop just set the variable Subject Found : True if subject is found in place now of your current Send email step

4. Below your Loop add another Condition that checks on your variable Subject Found=true ->Send Email

Hope this Helps!

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Michelle_IL 

I think you need no. 1

1. Initialize a variable at the beginning of your flow , Type: Bool Name: Subject Found Default: False

2. Remove the sending email step from inside the Loop 

3. Inside the Loop just set the variable Subject Found : True if subject is found in place now of your current Send email step

4. Below your Loop add another Condition that checks on your variable Subject Found=true ->Send Email

Hope this Helps!

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
Michelle_IL

OMG!!! I cannot thank you enough.

You have no idea how much work and energy you just saved me!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,856)