Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Philipp_Libal
Level: Powered On

Enter custom email in Flow

Hey everyone,

I try to build a flow which is able to send an email if a file is created in Sharepoint. The problem is, I need a possability to enter a custom email adress because everytime a file is created the email adress can be totally different. 

I need something like a popup that asks for the email adress if a file is created.

Do you have any idea how to realize?

Thanks!

Flow_Kostenübernahme.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Enter custom email in Flow

Hey @Philipp_Libal 

This is not supported for automated flows. What you can do is, create a new column in the SharePoint library to store the email address of the person this email needs to be sent to and then get the file metadata once the file is crated and get the email address from there. 

Else, you can use the for a selected file trigger and when you create a new file in SP, you can select flow and provide the email ID of the user the email needs to be sent to and configure it accordingly. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Philipp_Libal 

This is not supported for automated flows. What you can do is, create a new column in the SharePoint library to store the email address of the person this email needs to be sent to and then get the file metadata once the file is crated and get the email address from there. 

Else, you can use the for a selected file trigger and when you create a new file in SP, you can select flow and provide the email ID of the user the email needs to be sent to and configure it accordingly. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Philipp_Libal
Level: Powered On

Hey @yashag2255 

thanks for the response. Too bad there is no way for automated flows.

I wanted to skip the part where the adress has to be stored in SP. It seems this is the way to go.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,933)