cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Enter the name of a Flow generated list item

I am using the template "Keep track of anything using a SharePoint list" to capture location information at the press of a button in a SharePoint list.  The issue I'm having is that everytime the Flow creates a new list item, it populates the Title field with the same name, ("New Item" by default).  I can change this in the Flow to whatever I want it to be, but it will still be whatever I change it to for each list item entry as opposed to having a unique title for each entry.  Is there a way to allow the user to enter a Title in the Flow so that each list item entry has a unique name?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dave_H,

You could add a Text input in the Manually trigger and rebname the input title to "Title", and the you could choose the "Title" dynamic content of the trigger in the "Title" field of the "Create item" action.

The screenshot of the flow as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dave_H,

You could add a Text input in the Manually trigger and rebname the input title to "Title", and the you could choose the "Title" dynamic content of the trigger in the "Title" field of the "Create item" action.

The screenshot of the flow as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you, Alice!  That was the key I was looking for.  

Highlighted

Thank you, Alice!  That is the key I was looking for.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,060)