cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave_H
Frequent Visitor

Enter the name of a Flow generated list item

I am using the template "Keep track of anything using a SharePoint list" to capture location information at the press of a button in a SharePoint list.  The issue I'm having is that everytime the Flow creates a new list item, it populates the Title field with the same name, ("New Item" by default).  I can change this in the Flow to whatever I want it to be, but it will still be whatever I change it to for each list item entry as opposed to having a unique title for each entry.  Is there a way to allow the user to enter a Title in the Flow so that each list item entry has a unique name?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dave_H,

You could add a Text input in the Manually trigger and rebname the input title to "Title", and the you could choose the "Title" dynamic content of the trigger in the "Title" field of the "Create item" action.

The screenshot of the flow as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dave_H,

You could add a Text input in the Manually trigger and rebname the input title to "Title", and the you could choose the "Title" dynamic content of the trigger in the "Title" field of the "Create item" action.

The screenshot of the flow as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Thank you, Alice!  That was the key I was looking for.  

Thank you, Alice!  That is the key I was looking for.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,366)