cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equal condition case sensitive

How to make a condition case insensitive?

For example [Task] equal Salary then ...

I want make a condition like [Task] equal Salary or salary then ...

How do i make a condition like this in Flow?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

We could modify the condition formula directly through Advanced options, assuming the parameter for the [Task ] is the following:

Item()?['Task']

(You shuold be able to find the proper code for Task when click Advanced option of the condition with the Task Dynamic Content inputted)

Then the formula should be:

@or(
    equals(item()?['Task'], 'Salary'),
    equals(item()?['Task'], 'salary')
    )

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Micheal,

Thank you for your response. I wasn't clear, sorry! I am talking about an Case condition without Advanced options.

The situation is: first I have a condition and the I am using a switch and in the Case there is a condition "Equal to Salary". My question is, is it possible to make one Case condition "Equal to Salary or salary" or must i use two cases 1) "Equal to Salary" 2) "Equal to salary"? 

Best regards, Jeroen

Edit the condition in advanced mode, then wrap it in the toLower() method: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-workflow-definition-language

(method is 1/3rd of the way down, under string functions).

For example, if you want to detect the word "Salary" in either the body or subject line, try the following: 

@or(contains(toLower(triggerBody()?['Body']), 'salary')), contains(toLower(triggerBody()?['Subject']), 'salary'))

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,552)