cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sg-nf
Regular Visitor

Error 400 using graph thumbnail API with v2.1 endpoint

Hello,

in my flow i want to create a thumbnail from an existing (large) image which is saved in a SharePoint document library. I found this article which worked fine with the "Send HTTP request to SharePoint" action, with the exception that the response is a redirect to "myregion-mediap.svc.ms" when i use a custom size for the thumbnail which is larger than the "large" option. Even with the "preferNoRedirect=true" parameter. The action reports an error because it cannot handle the 302.

I then tried to replace v2.0 to v2.1 in the API endpoint, which worked fine when testing out in the browser, no more redirects. But when running the flow it reported a code 400 error:

Unexpected response from the service
clientRequestId: [some GUID]
serviceRequestId: [some GUID]

The exact same request works fine when pasting the URL in the browser.

https://mytenant.sharepoint.com/_api/v2.1/sites/{site-Id}/lists/{list-Id}/items/{item-Id}/driveItem/...

Do i need to pass any additional headers, or is the v2.1 API just not available in Power Automate?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,540)