cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error 404 . Could not find list item

Hey all,

Have an forms - approval flow with a few conditions that I want to then update my sharepoint list with the outcome of the Approval. Everything works except the approval status will not update. I always get this error when I do "update item"

dsteveHW_0-1635539660857.png

dsteveHW_1-1635539682358.png

I've tried resetting it, changing list name without a space, nothing works. Please help. Just want to update the approval status field. 

8 REPLIES 8
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @Anonymous ,

the error says that the flow can't find the item, do you have the correct item id?

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]
Anonymous
Not applicable

not sure but I think so ? the only thing that shows up is responseID so thats what I have been using. 

It must be ID of the SharePoint item you're trying to update, the source should be some SharePoint action, e.g. trigger or 'Get items' or something like that. How do you define which item you want to update?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So just to confirm I'm understanding you correctly, I should do my regular Start and wait for approval flow then directly after, do a get items to the sharepoint list then do a condition control (if Outcome equals Approve) then do a updateitems to the sharepoint list and the for unique id it will be responseID and title will be Name of Submitter ? 

Hello @Anonymous ,

I don't understand your flow in enough detail to confirm your understanding, but in general you must somehow find the SharePoint item that you want to update. How do you recognize which item should the flow update?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I started the flow off with get response and get response details directly to the sharepoint site and the form within the sharepoint site. I do not have a GETITEMS flow after the approval section that shows where to pull from.

jackkie68

hello,your item is incorrect, because your data if from forms, it has no ID , So you need change "update item" to "create item".

This one solved the error for me. Thanks a lot for sharing!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,250)