cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jakeshock7
Regular Visitor

Error 404 File Not Found When File Exists

Hello,

I have a flow that takes an item uploaded to a folder in a SharePoint site, takes certain metadata via the term store, and then sends that file to a folder on another site after it has been approved.

One term has ten different sub terms, four of these only require two of the three metadata fields to be filled out when the file is uploaded. When one of those four terms are selected in that metadata field, no errors occur and the flow succeeds every time without fail. When one of the other six terms are selected, then the third metadata field needs to be filled out. Whenever this is the case, the flow will never succeed. It always runs into this error at the very end of the flow:

{
  "status"404,
  "message""File Not Found\r\nclientRequestId
}

I have looked all over these forums looking for the solution, and nothing I've found has worked.

I can't seem to figure it out. What's really throwing me off is the fact that this works perfectly when it's not one of the six terms with that metadata field filled out. If one of the four other terms are picked and that metadata field isn't filled out, it always works. When the flow fails, the file is still in the original folder with all of the metadata fields filled out, and some half-baked, corrupted version of the file is sent to the other folder. It's not that the file is getting deleted or whatever, the file is clearly there and acts no differently than when the flow runs and succeeds outside of it not being sent to the other folder.

Any guidance or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
jakeshock7
Regular Visitor

bump

Still desperately need help with this if anyone can offer some guidance. Thanks.

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jakeshock7,

Could you please expand the Create file action?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

[removed]

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,943)