I am building a flow that creates a copy of an item in one List to another List (on a different site). I have done this with one site successfully and can not find a difference between the two flows in any way, shape, or form; however for one of them, I am receiving the below error:
"message": "A value must be provided for item.\r\nclientRequestId: e489a373-f963-47a6-adc6-4bcf41fd2c36",
The Flow to the left is the one that fails. Other than the organization of the columns within the list, these two lists and sites are identical (apart from names of course).
Has anyone encountered this issue before/ knows what this error is or how to fix it?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I think the issue here should be related with some special fields defined in the problematic SharePoint list.
For testing purpose, please take a try to manually input the required value and then run it to check if item could be created.
Make sure all the required field are provided with valid value.
As a reference, there should be fields shown as null in the flow running details, such as the Project Link. Verify those fields first.
I have gone over every column/ field in the list and they are all the same as well as reviewed the Null values which were in the expected fields.
I deleted the list I was trying to copy to, used the original list as a template and am now trying to create the item in the new list (It is exactly the same as the list that the data starts in), but I am receiving the same error.
Which item is it that is missing a required value? I have checked all of the fields and only 3 are mandatory but all 3 are populated with valid values.
Having the same problem when trying to create a list item but not all flows fail. We haven't made any changes to the list columns or anything that would obviously be causing an issue.
that worked me as well, still, this must be some bug.
and how do i find out which actionis referenced my old action's many fields? otherwise i cant delete it..
Ideally when we drag a field, along with that if we have name of the object from where we are pulling will be great.
for e.g. If we are dragging ID field from 'Get Item' object then prefixing that and showing dragged field as 'Get Item: ID' will be easy to relate.
Currently there is no way to idenitfy unless you redo and try it out.
This is really annoying, why would I re-create the action each time I add or remove fields? I have more than 88 fields in a list!
Instead of this funny error message could you provide us what fields cause this problem? I even filled in all fields and it still give me that message!
I've run across this before and it doesn't seem reasonable to have to recreate the action. Today I decided to investigate it more and see if there's another way. I compared the output from the action that failed to the output of the action that I recreated. In my case, I added a new Person field call Trainer Hidden. I noticed that the failed action was missing the line - "@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference" under the new field.
Having just run across another thread that explained how to export your Flow and manually edit the json to fix something that wasn't editable in the UI, I decided to try it for this issue. This might not be quicker than recreating your action(s), depending on the complexity of your Flow.
See this for steps to export, edit and import your Flow (the response by ch2017).
Once exported, (using Notepad) I modified the json as described in the other thread and replaced the below line
Once Imported (again, follow steps in the other thread), all worked fine.
TMiller, i found the same thing. newly added list site columns do not work on an exsting action "Create Item". if i edit the JSON manually and reimport, its all peachy. going to try and submit this as a bug
Is this seriously the only way to overcome this bug? I have a action updating 30-40 columns, its a tedious job to do all that again only to risk it failing.. again.. 😞
They really need to implement a WDL-text-editor for flow, because not being to properly duplicate and debug things like this makes flow very unattractive.
Yes, I have been forced to try this several times as flow keeps breaking my flows.
I have several flows working flows that i actually cannot edit because some validation fails during the save.. i'm starting to really hate these generic errors.
Creating more complex flows feels like building a house of cards at this stage because I don't know when, and more importantly why something breaks and everything i have worked for is more or less ruined..
I did some more work on this issue as I ran into th same problem:
Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.
Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.
Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.