cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error Checking - Seeing what is happening in an Apply to each loop

Hi,

I was wondering if there is an option you can select to watch what is happening inside an "Apply to Each" loop.

I have a flow that performs several action inside a loop, however the loop keeps timing out so I am unable to see what the problem is.

When the flow runs all you see is the following:

Capture.JPG

Clicking Next failed and Previous failed does not show anything either.

Is there an option to allow me to see what is running in the loop in real time?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So when the loop times out you aren't getting any results from the loop at all?  If so here are two options

1) Add the loop to a scope and set two parallel branch actions to run after the scope.  Set one todo what you normally would do and set the other to run on time out.  Then in that action run results('scopeName'). That should give you an object with any error message that occurred during the scope.

2) Temporarily filter the array that the loop runs on to just a couple rows.  That should let the loop run without timing out so you can see how long each loop takes.  That should help pinpoint why its timing out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

There is no way to see inside the loop while its running as far as I know.  But on Next failed after the run stops should show you any problem actions inside the loop. Normally it will be something inside the loop causing the failure and not the loop itself.  You may also need to add some strategic Compose statements to look at the values being evaluated in things like Conditions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response

The flow is simply timing out so I don't have any error information to go from.

I've altered the run after options to All4 options to see if I can get to a point where I get a failure but no luck. It would be really useful to see where the stall is taking place.

So when the loop times out you aren't getting any results from the loop at all?  If so here are two options

1) Add the loop to a scope and set two parallel branch actions to run after the scope.  Set one todo what you normally would do and set the other to run on time out.  Then in that action run results('scopeName'). That should give you an object with any error message that occurred during the scope.

2) Temporarily filter the array that the loop runs on to just a couple rows.  That should let the loop run without timing out so you can see how long each loop takes.  That should help pinpoint why its timing out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,516)