cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RTW
Level: Powered On

Error - Deleting intermediate step

Hi everyone, I just wanted to post about a glitch that I encountered.

I have a flow which updates information on a SharePoint list. I run a few manual reports and collect the updated information in an excel file which has multiple tables, one for each column I am updating. Not all rows will need the same columns updated, so I found it easier to manage spltting up this way.

image.pngThe way the flow works is I have a "Trigger" document on SharePoint. I go there and create an entry called Table1. It pulls all the rows from that table. If there are rows, it updates the SP list and then deletes the current row in an apply to each. Once its done it creates another entry on the SP list to start the flow over again.

If there are no rows, it creates an item that will direct the flow to the next table until it runs out of data.

At one point I added an intermediate step between the "Apply to each" and the "Create Item" that re-triggers the list. However I decided it was not needed so I deleted it. When I did so, I found that the "Create Item" step would trigger as soon as the "apply to each", which caused the flow to trigger prematurely and the fail a bunch of times.

What I found is that when I deleted the intermediate step, it didn't apply any "Run After" rules. And when I tired to add them I got an error message saying that I could not apply a run after for the first step after a scope. Or the only step in a scope... I can't quite remember.

Anyways, the way that I fixed it was I just dragged the "Create Item" step up one level. It was as if there was an invisible blank step between it and the previous step. There were actually two plus signs to add a step between the "Create Item" and the "Apply To Each" step.

Not sure if this has happened before, a cursory Google didn't seem to find anything, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Re: Error - Deleting intermediate step

Hi @RTW ,

Thanks for your posting here and sharing the resolution in the forum as it would be helpful to anyone who encounters similar issues.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

1 REPLY 1
v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Re: Error - Deleting intermediate step

Hi @RTW ,

Thanks for your posting here and sharing the resolution in the forum as it would be helpful to anyone who encounters similar issues.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Flow Online Conference

Join us for a FULL day of FREE Microsoft Flow Sessions from some of the best minds in the industry!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 93 members 3,926 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: