Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Error - Exporting BPMN Flows from Visio to Microsoft Flow

Hi. Good day!

I'm trying to export flowchart from Microsoft Visio to Microsoft Flow.

I have Visio Online Plan 2 License with Microsoft Visio Professional build 11328 

Microsoft Office 365 Business Premium Subscription

Visio Version.jpg

I'm using this article to build and export visio drawings to flow

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/beginner-flow-of-the-week-generating-flows-from-visio/

I noticed that my Visio does not have the Prepare for Export button under the Process ribbon

Visio Online Plan 2.jpg

This article says that when you click export, the Prepare to Export bar will appear

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/design-a-microsoft-flow-in-visio-35f0c9a9-912b-486d-88f7-4f...

My Drawing:

Drawing following the article aboveDrawing following the article above

But when i click the export, it says this

Error when Export Button is clickedError when Export Button is clicked

Troubleshooting steps done:

1. Uninstall - Reinstall Visio and activate using Visio Online Plan 2 License

2. Used a different Flowchart shape and export to flow.

I still have the issue of exporting error.

Sorry if its a long post. I posted all the steps i've done. Maybe I missed something? Or its something with the visio build?

Thanks guys!

==========================================

EDIT:

3. Removed Visio Online and Flow License, Uninstall Visio

Reinstalled Visio and Add Visio online and Flow license back.

Activated the licenses.

After these steps I still cannot export to flow. Prepare to export is not showing.

===========================================

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Error - Exporting BPMN Flows from Visio to Microsoft Flow

Hi @Jaystechtips ,

Please check if you have done the steps below:

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @v-alzhan-msft .

According to this section "Prepare to export", I should click on the export button under process to display the Flow Mappings tab.

Prepare to export.jpg

After clicking the export button, the error i'm having is "cannot export because it does not contain Sharepoint Workflow shape". Is there another way to make the Map condition tab visible? I've been looking into the customize ribbon option to add these tabs but i can't find them.

Error.jpg

Thanks for looking into it. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

You are clicking export button in SharePoint Workflow are on the tab. Insted you need to click Export under Microsoft Flow section, which is not appearing on your ribbon.

@Jaystechtips wrote:

Hi @v-alzhan-msft .

According to this section "Prepare to export", I should click on the export button under process to display the Flow Mappings tab.

Prepare to export.jpg

After clicking the export button, the error i'm having is "cannot export because it does not contain Sharepoint Workflow shape". Is there another way to make the Map condition tab visible? I've been looking into the customize ribbon option to add these tabs but i can't find them.

Error.jpg

Thanks for looking into it. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I had exactly the same issue. I tried all things which you tried.

I got solved this issue only by completly uninstalling office including VISIO, Restart PC / Laptop and then install Office and then VISIO.

I know this is stupid idea, however it worked for me. 

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @Somesh_Bhalerao 

Yeah. I did that before. Complete uninstall, office and Visio. Restart and reinstall again.

We even had a Microsoft Support guy call us and suggested we change our software update from Semi-annually to Monthly Update. Yet, we still have the same issue.

Though I gave up on this thought for now. And looking into a different solution altogether.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

One thing I forget to mention, my new office look and version got change, now it is "Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus

@Jaystechtips wrote:

Hi @Somesh_Bhalerao 

Yeah. I did that before. Complete uninstall, office and Visio. Restart and reinstall again.

We even had a Microsoft Support guy call us and suggested we change our software update from Semi-annually to Monthly Update. Yet, we still have the same issue.

Though I gave up on this thought for now. And looking into a different solution altogether.

" with version 1909 (Build 12026.20264 Click-to-Run)

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,856)