cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
E_S
Frequent Visitor

Error: Http request failed: the content was not a valid JSON. Error while parsing JSON: 'Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: R. Path '', line 0, position 0.'

I am trying to write a flow and I get this error:

Http request failed: the content was not a valid JSON. Error while parsing JSON: 'Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: R. Path '', line 0, position 0.'

The flow it's really simple, variables and an execute query.

I am trying to get texts from power app and use them to modify a string variable in power automate. Then I use the modified string variable as a query. 

I start with a trigger from power apps and I specify what I want to save as a variable and use in power automate:

E_S_1-1645110265128.png

Then I have a variable to save my query as a string and I use the previous variable to modify it (I find it in the required fields). 

E_S_3-1645110912629.png

E_S_2-1645110825738.png

Here it seems that everything works, but I do not understand what  is "Impostavariabile_valore". 

E_S_4-1645111019801.png

E_S_5-1645111047965.png

The error appears in the last step, when I try to execute the query

E_S_7-1645111249504.png

E_S_6-1645111140810.png

Can you give me some advice? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David_Pezzoli
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

I think it is a generic flow error:

Try to paste in the correct format the query directly into the action: "Esegui una query SQL"

In this way, you might get the exact new error of your query. 

Here is another solution using Try/Catch in order to detect a specific error:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Error-while-parsing-JSON-Unexpected-chara...

View solution in original post

54 REPLIES 54
DEV_SCASSIANO
Regular Visitor

**bleep**, I occur the same error!

David_Pezzoli
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

I think it is a generic flow error:

Try to paste in the correct format the query directly into the action: "Esegui una query SQL"

In this way, you might get the exact new error of your query. 

Here is another solution using Try/Catch in order to detect a specific error:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Error-while-parsing-JSON-Unexpected-chara...

David_Pezzoli
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Try to using correct OData format, as example for SQL Sever Get Rows filter query:

ERROR: colRowId eq QR000001

OK: colRowId eq 'QR00001' 

the second will be accepted because you explain with quotes '' it is a string

jeffMazUr

Friends,
In my case, it worked putting the name of the O'DATA Filter column between quotation marks - because it has a graphic accent (pt-br) and spaces - simple as well as the value you want to compare.
Ex.:
'N_x00fa_merodes_x00e9_rie' eq '0ARYBJEM30001W'

Remembering: You must inform the column name as it appears when using the field in an expression.

binki-dcx
Advocate I
Advocate I

I got this same exact error on a flow which normally works fine. If I understand correctly, the remote endpoint is claiming that the input the flow provided is malformed. There is no way for us to debug this—it requires Microsoft to look into it.

It could be that some logging in the flow stuff gets written to the request. Or the flow request logic is written in a way which is not threadsafe so that an HTTP header shows up in the middle of the request body.

Here’s my error in a request to Outlook’s Reply to Email (V3):

Http request failed: the content was not a valid JSON. Error while parsing JSON: 'Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: R. Path '', line 0, position 0.'

@binki-dcx I've gotten that exact error 4 separate times today, on 4 separate flows, all on the "Send an email from a shared mailbox (V2)" action part of them. 

All of them went through on a resubmit, so a good use case for a custom workflow failure monitoring solution and hopefully something that knocks it off soon.

My advice is take glance the correct syntax of: the expressions, OData query or SQL query. Sometimes it's necessary add the quotes '....' and the blank spaces to the right place. So, look for similar examples on the Web that use the same steps. Check carefully the exact syntax of the steps used in the Web examples. Make sure the Web examples are recent blogs (with most PA updated version).

@nerfherderInteresting. Sounds like that particular service was broken for a while then.

@David_PezzoliPlease understand that this error comes up when Power Automate itself is having a temporary error or incorrectly handling transient errors from connected services. It has no relation to the correctness of our flows or expressions in our data. Did you read the thread or ever experience this error yourself?

David_Pezzoli
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Maybe it could be an error due to a recent update in Power Automate of the version of the action? From my experience, when a new version of the action is released, sometimes the syntax also changes ....however, I agree  with you that this is too general a mistake and sometimes temporary!

nerfherder
Advocate II
Advocate II

@binki-dcx Never had this error before the other day, just had it again on a 5th flow. Resubmitting without changing source code results in successful run (error cannot be replicated?).

@David_Pezzolithere are not any new actions, expressions, or queries of the SQL or ODATA variety here. just plain dynamic content from one action to the next. 

whats the trick to getting someone from microsoft to see/respond to this thread?

nerfherder
Advocate II
Advocate II

seems to be related to the Outlook connector

@nerfherder you should open a ticket to Microsoft Power Automate support from Power Platform panel.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Happened here too, on multiple flows, intermittently, between Nov 3 and 7, when calling the Outlook Email action.  when re-submitting today, all flows ran without error.  Took me 2 hours to find them all and re-submit.

@David_Pezzoli lol i wish our microsoft admins had allowed it, our environment doesnt display in the little widget and im not 100% sure the virtual agent made a support request. The pace of these failures has slowed/dropped to zero so maybe they saw our posts here and fixed whatever it is. 

Thanks for sharing the Microsoft Learn documentation! I went through it and didn't see a reference to this specific error or it being a known issue on the actions I'm using (shared inbox email send) that have been failing.

@Anonymous there's a way to build custom error notifications in at the end of your flow so that these errors won't take you hours to search and fix. we use the "workflow" expression to pull out the important bits of dynamic content we need to make a link to the specific flow run that failed, and use configure run after failed to make us an individual notification on every failure. This way we aren't waiting around till Sunday or whenever the PA generated failure notification goes out.

@David_Pezzoli the only thing i can think of is that I'm only using one connection across 80+ flows for outlook, so its just getting overwhelmed by volume and sometimes throwing this error

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @nerfherder.  We have just begun the task of adding custom error notifications to all of our flows – we have a long way to go! 

--Susan

@Anonymous yes but definitely worth it because of SLT. what we did is we came up with the design/layout we wanted in its own, manual flow. then we boxed up all the actions in a Scope and copy pasted it into every flow we're running. no need to manually add each time, love this tool!

Helpful resources

Announcements

Super User of the Month | Drew Poggemann

As part of a new monthly feature in the Community, we are excited to share that Drew Poggemann is our featured Super User for the month of February 2024. If you've been in the Community for a while, we're sure Drew's name is familiar to you, as he is one of our most active contributors--he's been a Super User for five consecutive seasons!   Since authoring his first reply 5 years ago to his 514th solution authored, Drew has helped countless Community members with his insights and expertise. In addition to being a Super User, Drew is also a User Group leader and a Microsoft MVP. His contributions to our Super User sessions and to the new SUIT program are always welcome--as well as his sense of humor and fun-loving way of sharing what he knows with others.   When Drew is not solving problems and authoring solutions, he's busy overseeing the Solution Architecture team at HBS, specializing in application architecture and business solution strategy--something he's been doing for over 30 years. We are grateful for Drew and the amazing way he has used his talent and skills to help so many others in the Community. If you are part of the SUIT program, you got to hear some great tips from Drew at the first SUIT session--and we know he still has much more to share!You can find him in the Community and on LinkedIn. Thank you for all you do, Drew!

Announcing Power Apps Copilot Cookbook Gallery

We are excited to share that the all-new Copilot Cookbook Gallery for Power Apps is now available in the Power Apps Community, full of tips and tricks on how to best use Microsoft Copilot as you develop and create in Power Apps. The new Copilot Cookbook is your go-to resource when you need inspiration--or when you're stuck--and aren't sure how to best partner with Copilot while creating apps.   Whether you're looking for the best prompts or just want to know about responsible AI use, visit Copilot Cookbook for regular updates you can rely on--while also serving up some of your greatest tips and tricks for the Community. Our team will be reviewing posts using the new "Copilot Studio" label to ensure we highlight and amplify the most relevant and recent content, so you're assured of high-quality content every time you visit. If you share a post that gets featured in the curated gallery, you'll get a PM in the Community to let you know!The curated gallery is ready for you to experience now, so visit the new Copilot Cookbook for Power Apps today: Copilot Cookbook - Power Platform Community. We can't wait to see what you "cook" up!    

Celebrating a New Season of Super Users with Charles Lamanna, CVP Microsoft Business Applications

February 8 was the kickoff to the 2024 Season One Super User program for Power Platform Communities, and we are thrilled to welcome back so many returning Super Users--as well as so many brand new Super Users who started their journey last fall. Our Community Super Users are the true heroes, answering questions, providing solutions, filtering spam, and so much more. The impact they make on the Communities each day is significant, and we wanted to do something special to welcome them at our first kickoff meeting of the year.   Charles Lamanna, Microsoft CVP of Business Applications, has stressed frequently how valuable our Community is to the growth and potential of Power Platform, and we are honored to share this message from him to our 2024 Season One Super Users--as well as anyone who might be interested in joining this elite group of Community members.     If you want to know more about Super Users, check out these posts for more information today:    Power Apps: What is A Super User? - Power Platform CommunityPower Automate: What is A Super User? - Power Platform Community Copilot Studio: What is A Super User? - Power Platform Community Power Pages: What is A Super User? - Power Platform Community

Super Users 2024 Season One is Here!

We are excited to announce the first season of our 2024 Super Users is here! Our kickoff to the new year welcomes many returning Super Users and several new faces, and it's always exciting to see the impact these incredible individuals will have on the Community in 2024! We are so grateful for the daily difference they make in the Community already and know they will keep staying engaged and excited for all that will happen this year.   How to Spot a Super User in the Community:Have you ever written a post or asked for help in the Community and had it answered by a user with the Super User icon next to their name? It means you have found the actual, real-life superheroes of the Power Platform Community! Super Users are our heroes because of the way they consistently make a difference in the Community. Our amazing Super Users help keep the Community a safe place by flagging spam and letting the Community Managers know about issues. They also make the Community a great place to find answers, because they are often the first to offer solutions and get clarity on questions. Finally, Super Users share valuable insights on ways to keep the Community growing, engaging, and looking ahead!We are honored to reveal the new badges for this season of Super Users! Congratulations to all the new and returning Super Users!     To better answer the question "What is a Super User?" please check out this article: Power Apps: What is A Super User? - Power Platform CommunityPower Automate: What is A Super User? - Power Platform Community Copilot Studio: What is A Super User? - Power Platform Community Power Pages: What is A Super User? - Power Platform Community

Did You Attend the Microsoft Power Platform Conference in 2022 or 2023? Claim Your Badge Today!

If you were one of the thousands of people who joined us at the first #MPPC Microsoft Power Platform Conference in 2022 in Orlando--or attended the second-annual conference in Las Vegas in 2023--we are excited to honor you with a special community badge! Show your support for #MPPC Microsoft Power Platform Conference this year by claiming your badge!           Just follow this link to claim your badge for attending #MPPC in 2022 and/or 2023: MPPCBadgeRequest    Want to earn your badge for 2024? Just keep watching our News & Announcements for the latest updates on #MPPC24.

Microsoft Power Platform | 2024 Release Wave 1 Plan

Check out the latest Microsoft Power Platform release plans for 2024!   We have a whole host of exciting new features to help you be more productive, enhance delegation, run automated testing, build responsive pages, and so much more.    Click the links below to see not only our forthcoming releases, but to also try out some of the new features that have recently been released to market across:     Power Apps  Power Automate  Copilot Studio   We can’t wait to share with you all the upcoming releases that will help take your Power Platform experience to the next level!    Check out the entire Release Wave: Power Platform Complete Release Planner 

Users online (2,631)