cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Error: Id is malformed at Create event (V4)

I am trying to create a flow that automatically adds an event and sends and email when a new item is created in a certain list. When I test the flow, it fails at creating the event. I get an "Id is malformed" and "BadRequest" error. Please advise.

flow 1.png

flow 2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Error: Id is malformed at Create event (V4)

This is the solution when you have a calendar in SharePoint. You must use the SharePoint "create item" to create an event in the SharePoint calendar using workflow. The create event outlook is only for outlook calendar which is usually your personal calendar. I've listed the solution below.

1. When Item Is Created

2. Use the SharePoint --> Create an Item

A. Site Address: fill in your site address where the SharePoint calendar is located

B. Under list name, enter a custom value. In this case, you will need to put in the name of the calendar which is "Production Orders Calendar" --> Fill in all the event start time, end time, and subject.

3. Use Sharepoint -> Send Email Notification (V3)

Boom and you are done!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi!

Did you select the 'Calendar ID' from the dropdown list? If you just typed its text value I believe it will not work

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@Hclor 

The calendar is personal calendar or shared calendar?

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.
Highlighted

The calendar does not show up in the drop down and I have successfully created a different workflow by typing in the calendar name. But yes, it is typed in verbatim. 

Highlighted

The calendar is a group calendar on the sharepoint site. 

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@Hclor 

As @efialttes mentioned, the flow won't be able to resolve typed names ie., recognize the names. We must select it from the drop down.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.
Highlighted

This is the solution when you have a calendar in SharePoint. You must use the SharePoint "create item" to create an event in the SharePoint calendar using workflow. The create event outlook is only for outlook calendar which is usually your personal calendar. I've listed the solution below.

1. When Item Is Created

2. Use the SharePoint --> Create an Item

A. Site Address: fill in your site address where the SharePoint calendar is located

B. Under list name, enter a custom value. In this case, you will need to put in the name of the calendar which is "Production Orders Calendar" --> Fill in all the event start time, end time, and subject.

3. Use Sharepoint -> Send Email Notification (V3)

Boom and you are done!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,146)