cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Error 'InvalidContentRangeHeader' when creating SharePoint file with extension

Hi,

I have a strange issue with Power Automate. When using the action to create a file in SharePoint, with the file extension .docx:

Filecreation.PNG

InvalidContentRangeHeader. The response to partial content upload request was not valid. The returned range header value 'bytes=0-91607' is not in the expected range of '0-89363' with unit set to 'bytes'.

Capture.PNG

But the file is created properly, only the flow fails. If I remove the .docx extension in the file name field, it works without any issue. The same type of set of actions is used in another flow and it works well. Any idea?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Error 'InvalidContentRangeHeader' when creating SharePoint file with extension

check this article out.  I did what they suggest and it works https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Flow-Fails-on-Create-File-step/td-p/593639

Be nice if all these questions and answers were in one place! 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Re: Error 'InvalidContentRangeHeader' when creating SharePoint file with extension

I have the exact same problem 😞

About ½ year ago I build a flow that runs smooth and with no errors. I needed the same flow on another site collection and builded up the new flow exactly like the old flow, but it is making the same error, like yours, but the files is created anyway. 

FlowError.PNG

I need to continuing using the flow to update metadata, but that is not possible when the flow is failing :(. Could this be a bug?

/Frank

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It works with .doc for me, but this is not what I want.

Same for me, other flows can run with no issue, looks indeed like a bug.

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

It is also a problem with Excel files. This is total crazy. Ask Microsoft and they say it is a feature!!! 😠

/Frank

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I am seeing the same issue.  Flow fails but file created successfully.   This is kind of a problem that should be fixed.  I guess in the mean time i can add a check to be sure the file is there and notify me if it isn't, otherwise i'd need to check each run manually.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'm also having this problem, and it works fine in my dev environment - I only got the error today when I deployed the flow to Test.  Does anyone have any idea how to work around it?

** edited to add that it works if I change the extension to doc instead of docx, but I need to convert the file from word to pdf later and that doesn't work with a .doc extension 😞

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

anyone figured out a solution to this yet? I am having same issues

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

check this article out.  I did what they suggest and it works https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Flow-Fails-on-Create-File-step/td-p/593639

Be nice if all these questions and answers were in one place! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you I'll try that - I did notice that Microsoft says there is a support issue regarding Sharepoint in Europe so had assumed that was what was causing the issue!

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

That did it for me @pdominey  - THX a lot 😎

/Frank

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,380)