cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drobinson
Level: Powered On

Error code 429

I have a simple flow to email me when an alert is triggered.  It keeps showing as failed with the following errors

Reason
  • Code
Outputs
  • Headers
    { "Transfer-Encoding": "chunked", "Retry-After": "600", "Strict-Transport-Security": "max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains", "X-Frame-Options": "deny", "X-Content-Type-Options": "nosniff", "RequestId": "4a82ae3d-090c-4fd9-80c8-bed8e7878fc0", "Cache-Control": "no-store, must-revalidate, no-cache", "Date": "Mon, 16 Jan 2017 15:36:48 GMT", "Server": "Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0,Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0,Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0", "Content-Type": "application/json", "Content-Length": "187" }

Body

{ "error": { "code": "MicrosoftFlowCheckAlertStatusEndpointThrottled", "pbi.error": { "code": "MicrosoftFlowCheckAlertStatusEndpointThrottled", "parameters": {}, "details": [], "exceptionCulprit": 1 } }
7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Error code 429

Hi @drobinson,

Could you please share some details regarding the flow you created?

I will check to see if I could reproduce the error you mentioned here.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Microsoft michowl
Microsoft

I am getting the exact same error.

Flow ID: ad53e0bd-d337-4124-8e3c-df03e913d812

AlertID: 3217_b0f8e8b4-28a2-4d05-937a-67e7971686f3

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @michowl,

Thanks for providing the corresponding ID.

For the Alert ID, would you please explain a bit for that?

Based on a research, it seems error code 429 is caused by too many requests.

If convenient, please also provide the flow configuration details, so that I could provide additional reproduce steps to the corresponding team.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Microsoft michowl
Microsoft

@v-micsh-msft

The Alert ID is the ID for the PowerBI alert that triggers the flow.

I do see that the 429 is a too many requests error, but I only have 1 flow targetting this alert (for the whole team). 

You shouldn't need flow config details, as it's a trigger that's failing so the actions that follow shouldn't matter, but it basically follows this template: https://ms.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/25ba05f0f4f211e68399ffaad54805ff/crea...

njlato
Level: Power Up

@michowl @v-micsh-msft

I'm getting the same error for a very simplistic flow: When a Power BI Alert is triggered, send a mobile notification. 

Headers:

Transfer-Encoding
chunked

Retry-After

Strict-Transport-Security
max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains
X-Frame-Options
deny

X-Content-Type-Options

nosniff
RequestId
ad92d6ee-1568-4bdc-a7a8-8a0ba17b81be
Timing-Allow-Origin

Cache-Control
no-store, must-revalidate, no-cache
Date
Thu, 04 Jan 2018 15:41:30 GMT
Content-Type
application/json
Content-Length

Body

{
  "error": {
    "code""MicrosoftFlowCheckAlertStatusEndpointThrottled",
    "pbi.error": {
      "code""MicrosoftFlowCheckAlertStatusEndpointThrottled",
      "parameters": {},
      "details": [],
      "exceptionCulprit"1
    }
  }
}

I had it working on an email action, but would prefer notifications. After reviewing this thread, I thought my issue was because I had two flows working off of one alert.  I deleted the notification flow, but now, my previously operable email flow is now giving the same error. Ideas?
terpsbmore
Level: Powered On

I am getting the same error. Any fix/solution for this yet?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

429 error simply mean that a connector is hitting the limits.  Most likely slowing things down a bit will help.

A while back I looked at how to slow things down.

In short you will need to look at the peeks and maximum number of runs within the period of time that a connector can time out. Then adjust the trigger's timeout settings so that they do not time out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,679)