Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft ezequiel
Microsoft

Error comparing values

Hi,

I'm comparing the value of a record in Dynamics 365 vs a value in Excel for the same record ID. I have an issue when the value is empty. In essence the comparission is about the name. If the name changed in Dynamics vs the name in the Excel, then the process triggers an email. The problem is that when the name is empty in both (this should be considered the same value) the Flow triggers the email when it is not supposed to. When I run the Flow in test mode using the last process, I can't see the values evaluated to identify if there is any problem. Do you think there is some issue on values when comparing blanks?

Thanks,

Ezequiel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Error comparing values

Chances are the blank values are not exact same blank values so flow evaluates your condition as true.

What the previous poster is saying is:

Add a condition above Compare Name. on the left side add the expression length(Name) and then is greater than 0. Then move your second condition inside the yes branch.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Hi @ezequiel 

Just before the comparision add an expression length > 0. This way you could stop the null values coming through and satisfy the condition.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Microsoft ezequiel
Microsoft

Thanks for the reply. This is what I have. The condition is not (supposed to be) met...Full Name and Name are the same (blank), but the process goes for the "YES" when it supposed to go with the "NO". I'm not very experience in Flow....how do I implement your suggestion?

Thanks!

Capture.JPG

Super User
Super User

Chances are the blank values are not exact same blank values so flow evaluates your condition as true.

What the previous poster is saying is:

Add a condition above Compare Name. on the left side add the expression length(Name) and then is greater than 0. Then move your second condition inside the yes branch.

View solution in original post

Microsoft ezequiel
Microsoft

Thanks...getting the following error with trying to add the Lenght expression. Am I putting this wrong?

Capture.JPG

Super User
Super User

Name is where you insert your excel value from your screenshot called Name.

Super User
Super User

Hi @ezequiel 

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes looks like the expression is wrong. So what do you need to do is add the "length()" condition under the expression tab then switch to dynamic expression and select your name object. Before you do your second step place the cursor between the brackets of expression function length().

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,925)