cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reason
Advocate I
Advocate I

Error convert to PDF - The remote name could not be resolved.

Problem in converting Word to PDF with One Drive Businnes.

Flow first fills the Word file with two variables, saves it, converts it to PDF, and finally sends it in a message.

I get the following error.

The remote name could not be resolved: 'mediagfx365-my.sharepoint.com'

{
  "status": 400,
  "message": "The remote name could not be resolved: 'mediagfx365-my.sharepoint.com'",
  "source": "api.connectorp.svc.ms"
}

{
  "Cache-Control": "no-cache",
  "Pragma": "no-cache",
  "Transfer-Encoding": "chunked",
  "x-ms-request-id": "f4c62603-2a70-4ae8-a754-87ac4404c07b",
  "X-AspNet-Version": "4.0.30319",
  "X-Powered-By": "ASP.NET",
  "Timing-Allow-Origin": "*",
  "x-ms-apihub-cached-response": "true",
  "x-ms-apihub-obo": "true",
  "Date": "Fri, 09 Sep 2022 15:01:13 GMT",
  "Content-Type": "application/json",
  "Expires": "-1"
}

Flow:

fail-to-convert.jpg

Results:

flow-failure.png

I do not see any rule as to why flow starts once and then does not.

Microsoft's technical support did not even make a notification within three days ...

What other connector should I use instead of OneDrive for Business?

Which will work. Word file has two text boxes to change and background as watermark. I don't know if it matters.

70 REPLIES 70
ndenhild
Regular Visitor

Same problem here, no or little PDF documents created on serveral customer cases. Is there a way /place we can find the status of this problem? 

The ticket we logged just stated that "We are passing on to the OneDrive team who all arrange to call you".

So there's probably not much diligent work going on other than for those who have logged support calls with them.

I added an email option when the process fails so I would be notified of any issues in converting - might be worth adding one to your flow?

Makrofreelancer
Frequent Visitor

Same problem with our App, no or little PDF documents created. We need a fast fix of this bug. We would it Please not in a week, as usual. Our customers would appreciate it if the bug is not fixed in a week, as usual. 

Paulie78
Super User
Super User

Also getting this problem - in two separate environments.

AnnaChu
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi everyone, I've reported this issue to @SameerCh who leads the Power Automate Connectors, hoping we get some guidance soon.

Mijanou
Regular Visitor

The issue has been occurring since september 1st and increasing over time. From a few fails with a simple manual resubmit succeeding to a complete outage of the convert Word file to pdf action for hours every day (despite 10 retries in every flow run). Logged a call with Microsoft support and was referred to this topic. Power automate team is working on it. 

The error I get is a 400 but with a different message: "There was an error accessing the file."

Screenshot error.png

chicken_1
Frequent Visitor

just tried the PDF file conversion option (not word to PDF plugin) and just worked. wondering if fixed or temporary.  

Pechy92
Frequent Visitor

Looks like they fixed it! 🙂 

The error is not full time but so I would not celebrate too soon. I've had good days and horrible days in the past two weeks with this issue. Yesterday around this time everything was working for me, an hour later no run succeeded for hours. (I am hoping you are right though)   

BO55VXR
Advocate II
Advocate II

Not wanting to tempt fate, but I too have seen no failures today so hopefully Microsoft have identified and fixed the issue..... for now!

SylvieLet17
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I made a test this morning to see if it's still not working, and finally my flow worked. 
Simple OneDrive Create file action, then Convert file using path.

Worked today 09:00 CET

Also the word for business action convert word doc to PDF seems to be working with dynamic input now. It was also working like that for me before Friday. Flow1_action.pngFlow1_Success.png

Paulie78
Super User
Super User

This seems to be fixed for me now. Is anyone else still experiencing the issue?

ChrisHoppenbr

Seems to be fixed here as well

Vtberge
Frequent Visitor

I've tested it a couple of times and it seems to be fixed

Reason
Advocate I
Advocate I

It works today. We will check tomorrow;)

marina601
Frequent Visitor

Just tested it, and the conversion works! Thank you! 

ZhanelIman
Regular Visitor

Hello everyone, i am still having the issue with convert from HTML to PDF using ODB connector. Will monitor tomorrow if the case continues.

marmoral
Regular Visitor

Hello everyone, until yesterday and today my processes have not crashed, the connector is working.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (5,105)