Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RRMX1
Helper IV
Helper IV

Error converting SharePoint List Item to PDF

Hi,

I've created a flow to convert a SharePoint List item to a PDF document when the column in the list (Status) changes to 'Closed'.

The flow is getting stuck at Convert File stage - it is saying file type is not supported?? (Create file is using output from Create html table)

Flow is below - any help appreciated!

RRMX1_0-1618494747678.png

RRMX1_1-1618494798934.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RRMX1
Helper IV
Helper IV

5 REPLIES 5
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

@RRMX1 Hey Mate,

I think the problem is in the Create file action -> In your create file action, I assume you missed the extension in the file name. Please add the .html extension in the file name.

CFernandes_0-1618497491532.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

thanks! that has let it run to the end now!  However, it has saved my file as a html file and when I open it it's a huge list of symbols!

I only want the one line whose status has changed (which I think first half of my flow does) but do I need to modify my Get Items step?  I think it might be then looking at everything in that list.  I can't figure out another to pull the right data in to create the html table.

@RRMX1 - You might want to upvote the answer as it helped you run to the end.

Try using the Get item action  not Get items.

CFernandes_0-1618499576367.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

This doesn't work either but thanks for you help! I am going to rewrite the whole flow as it's not working as intended

RRMX1
Helper IV
Helper IV

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,193)