cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeRogers
Level: Powered On

Error creating new Opportunity in Dynamics

I have a form that I am using to generate an new Account and Opportunity in Dynamics CRM. I create the new Account just fine but I am getting a 400 'Bad Request - Error in query syntax' message. I don't know what is causing it.

Here is my flow:

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeRogers

Re: Error creating new Opportunity in Dynamics

I solved it. Turns out that Potential Customer type is a GUID rather than a name. Once that was set, everything worked as planned,

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi MikeRogers,

Do you mean that you are able to create the new account successfully though the flow throws an error “Bad request”?

It seems that there is a condition in your flow, how is it configured?

When using a Condition in a flow, you should add actions inside If yes or If now branch according to your needs. About how to add a condition in your flow, please check this doc for a reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/add-condition

Flows also fail if a setting in an action of the flow doesn't function as expected. In this case, the error message contains Bad request or Not found, or an error code of 400 or 404 appears. Please click or tap the Edit button and then correct the problem inside the flow definition. Please take this documentation for a reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/fix-flow-failures

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MikeRogers

Mabel,

Thank you for the reply and no. What I meant was that I could successfully create a new account but the unhelpful error came when I tried to create a new Opportunity. 

MikeRogers

I have created another flow with just a New Opportunity but it gives me the same error:

Untitled1.png

I have double-checked the currency ID, the name and everything, but cannot find what would be giving me a 'Bad Request - Error in query syntax.'

MikeRogers

I solved it. Turns out that Potential Customer type is a GUID rather than a name. Once that was set, everything worked as planned,

View solution in original post

Mynerj
Level: Power Up

Hi mike, i'm looking into the same thing as in the post and wondered if you could assist. How did you go about retreiving the GUID for the name of the contact/account.

MikeRogers

Mynerj,

I retrieve the GUID by using another search query and retrieving the value from that. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/media/gallerypage/image-id/22035i1C016111EF08DA76

Mynerj
Level: Power Up

Works perfectly thanks Mike.

OskarSvensson

Hi MikeRogers,

I've created a similar flow by using Microsoft Excel as the trigger. However, I'm trying to create a Business Opportunity in Dynamics with the information in Excel. But can't make it to work. I've posted a link to my flow below.

https://imgur.com/C56NbsC

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 408 members 5,923 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: