cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Error creating new phone call record from existing using activity parties

Hello,

I am trying to set up a flow to trigger on update of a phone call record when a specific field is changed. I am wanting it to create the new phone call record populated with the ‘from’ and ‘to’ fields from the initial phone call record. So if John is the ‘From’ and ‘Jack’ (contact) and also ‘Some Company, Inc’ (account) are the ‘To’, I want to add those 3 to the new record. I am running into an error trying to get these to pass from the initial record to the new record. I don’t want to hard-code the values in the way I’ve seen several places online (systemusers(GUID) or contacts(GUID)) due to the fact that I’m not sure if the ‘To’ is a contact or account and just want it to copy to the new record as it is on the original.

When I tried entering the following, I receive an error (below the error is my power automate logic). Any ideas how I can get the fields to copy to the new record?image.png

image.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Error creating new phone call record from existing using activity parties

Hi,

Looking through everything it appears that everything triggered and ran correctly. It appears the reason that your Flow is failing is because you set a for each field. It seems that "for each" returned 0 results which caused that item to fail.

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Error creating new phone call record from existing using activity parties

The Apply to Each was automatically added when I selected the Activity Party Value field from the dynamic content, and since that fails I do not get the new phone call record created. Any other ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,512)