cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Error handling advice so flow ignores "No user details" and resumes

I have a manually-triggered flow that Lists group members, then does an Apply to each, posting your own adaptive card as the Flow Bot to a user. It works but fails when it doesn’t find a user profile in the list, such as if a person has left the company. I'd like to ignore such incidences instead of having them stop the flow.

power_automate_error.jpg

I tried adding a Get User Profile after the List group members, with subsequent parallel branches containing Run after actions. One side running the flow if the get user profile was successful or failed and the other side terminating if get user failed. That does not work, sending the same error about not finding the user details.

What thoughts do you have on error handling so the flow can go on?

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Hello @Kamm 

There is something wrong with your flow setup!

What is inside the Apply to each 5 step, meaning, what are you doing in there?

What is inside the Apply to each step?

Your parallel step should be just after you retrieve the User profile, so inside one of the Apply to each steps 🙂

Let us know more about your flow.

Kind regards, John

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,928)